Web Marketing Help Forum
nixwebo

Start Your Own Social Network In 5 Minutes!

I don't know how many members are aware of this, I may be telling people something that they already know. However, if you are not familiar with http://Ning.com you should be. This is a site, in a way much like blogger.com

The difference is that instead of being able to create your own blog on the fly for free, Ning allows you to create your own social network on the fly and again for free. You can pay for upgrades like your own domain name and some other control like ads and so forth. However, they offer a very strong system for free and this could be a great way to get your own site up and offer some great user interaction or even a way to extend your current web site's capabilities.

So if you have ever thought about "owning" or simply having your own social network, this is your chance!

Ning.com is a great site for social marketing. There are already thousands of existing social networks there so even if you don't want to create your own you can find one to join. I have been a member of several Ning groups for a while now and really enjoy it a lot. If anyone wants to start their own social network for free than a Ning group is the way to go.

I tried using ning and I got SO lost! I wanted to have a weight loss site there but I just couldn't understand what to do with it. They have a lot of fancy html coding and stuff that I have yet to learn. I do agree with you though, ning is a great website and many artists use it.

There are some places on ning that you can add your own customized html code, but most places I think you can get away by simply sing text in the provided modules. I do agree it is kind of overwhelming at first because there is so much to take in though.

I think I am to scared at this point with trying to learn again lol. I am not sure but at this point I am very happy with just writing articles instead of doing websites lol. I freak out to much when having to do one rather it be on ning or not lol

internet is filled with social networking sites like orkut, facebook, linkedin, twitter etc. This is more of everyone running after what is the best in the market. Very soon these may not exist, by technology ruling them outdated.

Having a social networking site for yourself is a great idea. It is very heartening to note that ning.com is making it possible. HTML part of it may be tough to learn but once learned it is going to be extravaganza for ever!