Web Marketing Help Forum
nixwebo

10 Simple Viral Marketing Tips

There are so many ways to get your videos, ebooks and blog to go viral, but many people do not understand how to get started with viral marketing...

The basic idea that drives a viral marketing campaign, is that you want to "do" something that will initiate action from the reader or viewer to "tell" others about your information for you. If done correctly viral marketing can be one of the most powerful of all marketing strategies out there. You must understand that people in general are lazy, so you have to make them want to share your info for you!

The oldest and still one of the most effective ways to get your info to go viral is to write an ebook and include links to your site in the pdf file itself. Give the ebook away and then let people give the ebook away too. Giving something away that others can also give away is the easiest way to get your info to go viral. Rather it is is a video a mp3 or ebook the principle is the same.

Here is quick list of some useful things to keep in mind when trying to start your own viral marketing campaign.

10 Simple Viral Marketing Tips

1. Do Something Controversial

2. Make Videos On Many Video Networks

3. Have Free Downloads

4. Be Interesting

5. Talk About Something Big In The News Today

6. Share On Many Social Sites

7. Promote Sharing Of Your Material

8. Make Sharing Easy

9. Add Value To Your Content

10. Wash and Repeat

Well the ebook is something that everybody can do. I know that not everybody has the software and hardware to make videos like they may want, but anybody can go to Google docs create a information product and save it as a pdf for absolutely free. They are small and easy to distribute so it really makes this a easy place to start.

There are free apps out there to record your screen and make easy videos, but it seems that many people are not comfortable with their own voice being online, little lone their face. I think the advantage of video is huge, but you gotta start somewhere :-)

I've been debating about doing one myself but I'm not sure...

I would give it a spin, you never know you may surprise yourself and come up with a great informational ebook. If you do decide to come up with your own ebook for viral marketing let me know I would be glad to review it or put it as a new download on http://ebookaweek.com for you.

-Nick

Definitely selling good information e-book is worth trying out. Selling the right and quality product will be a factor which will contribute to your success. You should have an idea of what you are selling and about the price and also of your competitors, and then you will have a better edge over the others.

I would give it a spin, you never know you may surprise yourself and come up with a great informational ebook. If you do decide to come up with your own ebook for viral marketing let me know I would be glad to review it or put it as a new download on http://ebookaweek.com for you.

-Nick

That's a cool site! Thank you! Do you think that people would really buy the eBook and if so, what would be a good price for them? I wouldn't even know how to go about saving eBooks on a computer lol. Are they just content and articles or something more?

That's a cool site! Thank you! Do you think that people would really buy the eBook and if so, what would be a good price for them? I wouldn't even know how to go about saving eBooks on a computer lol. Are they just content and articles or something more?

Kari, many people give ebooks out for free as a way of getting traffic to their site and then getting them to do something else. Either purchase a product or sign up as an affiliate or something.

Most ebooks I have read are done in pdf format.

Kari, many people give ebooks out for free as a way of getting traffic to their site and then getting them to do something else. Either purchase a product or sign up as an affiliate or something.

Most ebooks I have read are done in pdf format.

You are right Randy. It seems that quite a few people use ebooks as a hook to get people to join a mailing list and then market to the list. While others will have an ebook with good information but will add their own affiliate links inside the ebook to get people to their system or program. Both methods can be effective and both work well.

If you are thinking about making your own pdf ebook, you can simply use your Google account. Go to Google docs and make your ebook, then you can export it as a pdf for free.

Thanks for the tips, it will surely help me one day if I decide to go viral. I like '1. Do Something Controversial' - very true, controversies usually make it big.

"Do something Controversial", that is the best tip I got from this thread :) Really if we do something controversial we are able to get much traffic and popularity for our sites.

Nixwebo, I agree with you entirely on this! eBook viral marketing has never been better and I've been able to drive thousands of visitors to my site just by doing this. I have came out with a few strategies of my own to keep people coming back. It really does help for those of you looking into this.

Very good strategies. I am planning to get some ebooks out as well and these tips should definitely help me get started.

The matter of controversies could definitely work sometimes. For example, creating a video and then challenge a widely accepted idea. For example talking about a new discovery which would question or jeopardize all the older beliefs people have had concerning the search engines algorithms. Even though the topic may not be a very hot one, but since a lot of threads and blog posts would appear all over the net, so the respective websites too could enjoy the ride and receive a lot of daily leads and page hits and many webmasters are doing this already.