Web Marketing Help Forum
Moncal

The Official Which Host Do You Use Thread?

Is that a US base site or UK base site, hosting.

It's UK based, although the server seems to be in Germany :confused:

It has been very reliable so far and I have lots of space for more websites ;)

No' date=' I am with http://www.1and1.co.uk

I will never host with Lycos ever again as their support sucks!

I do however use Lycos for registering domain names as they are cheap and reliable, for that at least ;)[/quote']

Sounds like the GoDaddy of the USA

I use shared hosting at AddAction.net which I found through Webhosting Talk Forums. I've been with them for so long that I can't remember exactly how long, but I think it's been about 4 years.

I pay under $84/ year for more than enough space, 1000 MB, than I use. I'm allowed 10 parked domains, 10 add-on domains and unlimited subdomains (I'm sure there really is a limit).

I forget how much bandwidth I'm allowed, but the plan comparable to the one I purchased shows it's 40GB.

I have cPanel X, 25 each MySql and Postgresql databases, unlimited e-mail and FTP accounts and more things such as PHP and Fantastico, all on a Linux machine.

I think they've upgraded my space and bandwidth, from the initial allowances, without raising the rate and without removing any services. I've been generally happy with them including with Support issues.

I host nixweb on godaddy just because of there high bandwidth and storage limits. I host all other sites on a reseller plan from hostnine, I have been really satisified with both hosts and plan to stay with them as long as nothing changes.

Hostnine now offers servers in a bunch of U.S. states and also few different countries which is a nice option. Godaddy is priced right but I am not always happy with the server response times, it seems that they have a little latency issue here and there.

Quality dedi service is available from serverpoint.com.

They have them a lot and offer to use their services (dedis and VPSs) the second month free.

I have accounts with Lunarpages, & am pretty happy there for now. Also Enhanced Host, good price, & Affordable Host, a FREE no ads account.

But now I'm looking for an account that allows multiple domains, so I'm thinking of HostGator.

i agree with kaethy. I support HostGator too:D

* UNLIMITED Disk Space

* UNLIMITED Bandwidth

* Host UNLIMITED Websites

* FREE Instant Setup

* 99.9% Uptime Guarantee

* 45 Day Money Back Guarantee

* CGI, PHP 5, RoR, Perl

* MySQL, SSH, SSL, IMAP, POP

* FREE Site Builder

* cPanel Hosting ( View Demo )

* 24/7/365 Upgraded Support

* No Contracts or Hidden Fees

And it only cost $7.95 /month with HostGator coupon code, u can get $0.01 for the 1st month when you purchase Hostgator hosting with this COUPON CODE!

Sounds like there are a lot of folks who use different companies. It is good to see that hosts are not cornering the market like Microsoft! I think there are enough options out there that it makes a healthy competition between web hosts and this is a good thing for all of us on the consumer side.

Edited by nixwebo

I have been using HostGator since 2 years.

I have no problem with them till now.

They have good support, though i rarely need them.

I use ZWS for my sites and also Unlimited plan as it is 100% reliable and also helpful admin. Its really fast and also doing a professional web hosting service and also has around 100+ satisfied customers compiling many sites hosted in the server.

I've had my account with them for about 4 years now, and they are really inexpensive $4.45/month + Get a FREE DOMAIN.

These guys look like they have some nice packages. It also looks like they ran out of room on their homepage, I see a lot of content at the bottom, just seemed odd.

Anyways, welcome to the forum Paul, hope you enjoy your stay here!

-Nick

So tell us which host you use! We're all always looking for bigger and better hosts. If you can't be bothered to write a review about your host, maybe you could just write a few thoughts about them.

I use www.limewebs.com and use a account non my friends server for free.

I am using A2 hosting. It is about $7/mo for unlimited storage, and I have been happy with them. I think the bandwidth with the starter package may become an issue in the future where I will either upgrade or shop around.

I use Arvixe, Fatcow and Ipower. Two of which (Fatcow and Ipower)I got free from somebody, 1 year prepaid but I am hosting my main sites in Arvixe, cool host

Hi,

I have experiences with several hosters and I´m plannig to relaunch a site after moving it to another hoster. The site is hosted by 1&1.de . I´m really unhappy with their service. They want to control everything you do. For example, you can´t install WordPress but an 1&1 WordPress version that doesn´t have much to do with the real WordPress. They don´t have any chat support and I must wait several days, sometimes weeks for their response to an email...

My tip: just avoid this hoster.

I use IFHOST (www.ifhost.com). IFHOST cares about their customers, they even called me once to help me resolve an issue my browser was experienced. They offer true 24x7 hour support. Highly recommended!

Guest John Hox

Well I am using Hostgator services and find it fulfill my needs

---------------------------------------

Life never ended if you have Hope

Edited by John Hox