Web Marketing Help Forum
Moncal

The Official Which Host Do You Use Thread?

So tell us which host you use! We're all always looking for bigger and better hosts. If you can't be bothered to write a review about your host, maybe you could just write a few thoughts about them.

So far, of all the hosts I have used, A Small Orange also ranks highest for me due to their exceptionally professional and speedy customer service.

I was with Ventures Online, which was the best experience I had ever had with a hosting company. Sure, it was a bit more expensive than other hosting companies, however, I'm sure they weren't overselling their bandwidth or space capacities. The company has since been sold to data393.com. There were a few issues during the transition, but all seems to be fine now.

Now, it's my ISP, Bell Sympatico, that's on my blacklist. Their DNS servers are messed up. And it's been like that for a few months now....

im with 8thsin.com, they're good enough for me, free(one google ad) starting with 50 mb, 500mb bw. And unlimited upgrades for free:D so i can get like 500 mb space with 5gb bw for free. With unlimited databases and unlimited emails and unlimited domains.

and as i only use my site as a online portfolio i dont see any need to get a paid host.

Halbarad

I'm also with A Small Orange. My site is slow sometimes (for around 30 seconds to one minute per hour), but the overall performance is good. $30/month for 4.5GB space and 100gb bandwidth - good deal.

I'm with Hosting Zoom right now. I'm complete impressed with them. For a "budget" host they have absolutely excellent uptime and support.

I have been with 1and1 and Host Ultra in the past, and I can say that by far HostingZoom is the superior. I would certainly reccommend them to anyone.

Im with NACwebsolutions.com atm..

they are good and affordable.. specially since I know the owner and Im "working/worked" there before as a marketing/sales person.

wich means discounts to me ;)

I have accounts with Lunarpages, & am pretty happy there for now. Also Enhanced Host, good price, & Affordable Host, a FREE no ads account.

But now I'm looking for an account that allows multiple domains, so I'm thinking of HostGator.

I got lucky and had someone local want to host our site and were the only site they are hosting, so we have the server to our selves and it only cost me a box of steaks a year. It's also faster than I think 85 percent of sites on the internet. So they're really not a hosting company.

Our other site is being hosted by a no big name host company called primo.net

I've had them hosting since 98 and haven't had many problems and it's only 39 a month.

I have sites at both http://simpleurl.com and at http://bmhost.com I'm happy with both. BMHost gives you CPanel with your account, SimpleUrl is much more basic. Both have great uptime and support. I've been with SimpleUrl for, I think, around 4-5 years (I forget. lol) and BMHost for, I think, about 2 or 3 years. Multiple years anyway. Plenty long enough to know whether they are stable and reliable or not, and they are. :)

I am with Lycos and with the package you get a partner shop like this Lycos if someone buys something from your shop you get some commission. I think I have made around $60 in one year from it.

Lycos is typically very reliable although the statistics bit of the site seems to be problematic and often does not work.

I have 2000mb of storage space, 20Gb bandwidth and 2* mysql for about $12.37 per month.

Some of the hosts above look good but for me I need on where the business and servers are outside of the US or else you ahve to declare your adsense income to the US inland revenue, I believe!

It's a pity that you can't have more than one domain with the ltcos package as you get so much storage space!

I have had some serious issues with Lycos in the last few months, firstly their statisitcs system has been broken since December, secondly the server has been down a few times, thirdly I have complained a few times and on all occassions they have not replied!

Recently I bought a Gold package from Cyber host Pro and I have to say that I am impressed.

It is far cheaper then Lycos and I can host up to 10 Domains, instead of the one with Lycos!

The support is second to none, I even got live chat support on a Sunday!

The software interface is very easy to use and there are free flash tutorials, so even I can use all the features ;)

I have been using powervps.com since July of 2005 and I find they're awesome. I'd recommend them if your thinking of getting a vps hosting.

I used to use godaddy but they are very limited in the fact that I couldn't add more than one website without redirection and limited databases. Not to mention the load time of my site was horrible with them.

I now use HostGator. I have all my websites under one plan, I can have unlimited sites under the plan, unlimited databases and so much more.

I highly suggest them.

I used to use godaddy but they are very limited in the fact that I couldn't add more than one website without redirection and limited databases. Not to mention the load time of my site was horrible with them.

I now use HostGator. I have all my websites under one plan' date=' I can have unlimited sites under the plan, unlimited databases and so much more.

I highly suggest them.[/quote']

Make sure you do regular backups of your website(s).

If something bad happens and you need to recover a backup of your sites, they will charge you extra.

I am with Lycos and with the package you get a partner shop like this Lycos if someone buys something from your shop you get some commission. I think I have made around $60 in one year from it.

Lycos is typically very reliable although the statistics bit of the site seems to be problematic and often does not work.

I have 2000mb of storage space' date=' 20Gb bandwidth and 2* mysql for about $12.37 per month.

Some of the hosts above look good but for me I need on where the business and servers are outside of the US or else you ahve to declare your adsense income to the US inland revenue, I believe!

It's a pity that you can't have more than one domain with the ltcos package as you get so much storage space![/quote']

I am no longer with Lycos.

Their server became very unreliable and often used to crash, then they baned my ip address :mad:

I e-mailed them a few times and never even got a response and so I moved over to cyberhostpro.com These people were very good and their support is excellent. I had to move to a dedicated server when I made my directory and so I went with 1 and 1, so far the server has been very reliable.