Web Marketing Help Forum
nixwebo

Best RSS Tips

The power of rss and syndicating your website or blog using rss feeds has really grown in the past few years. This thread is focused on the best rss tips, if you have some great rss tips, add them here and let's all learn together. The best rss tips thread is for learning and sharing, not for posting your rss feeds, so lets keep it clean folks!

Best RSS Tip #1

It's All In The Title: Make sure you focus on your keywords in the title of every post, this is what will become the linked text and clickable in your rss feed. Can we say, free backlinks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Please add "Best RSS Tip #X" to your post as you add your own rss tips so we can keep a running count of the Massive Links best rss tips.

Thanks and have fun,

Nick

Edited by nixwebo
  • Like 1

Syndicating RSS has always brought a lot of traffic to any blog that I have put up. I have posted my best RSS below.

Best RSS Tip #2

Validate Your Feed – The rss standards are constantly changing, so to make sure that your rss feed gets picked up by the most popular rss feed aggregators you will need to make sure you rss feed is being created correctly. You can run a simple search in google for “rss feed validator” to find many sites that offer this as free service.

Best RSS Tips : RSS Tip #3

Burn Your Feed Using Feedburner:

You can not only create a new new feed using feedburner.com, but you can dress up your feed in all sorts of innovative ways. Just by creating a new feed using feedburner you can instantly double your syndication power when it comes to submitting your feeds to rss feed aggregator sites. You can also automate feed pings, add social bookmarking to your live feed and much more.

Another great thing feedburner will do is, get your site indexed with the quickness from google. This is a google owned and operated system after all!

Put Adsense Ads On Your RSS Feed: Yes - Get Paid From Your RSS Feed!

You now can add Google Adsense to your website or blogs RSS Feed and monetize your syndication. Talk about maximizing your efforts! This is a powerful way to get more income from a single blog as your feed in spread across the internet, so are ads that pay you every time they are clicked. There is no simpler or more automated way to spread your income potential across the web, I promise!

This may actually be the single best rss tip out there, but we will keep them coming just in case.

-Nick

Best RSS Tis: RSS Tip #4

Ping Your RSS Feed

When you create a blog be sure that you ping your main feed that contains all of the post on your blog. You can use a pinging service such as http://pingler.com to ping plenty of services at once. Each time you update your blog be sure to head over and ping your RSS feed, and you will start seeing a lot of traffic at your site.

Here is a place I have got a lot of results from personally, it is an rss site that lets you create static pages on there site from your feed and it has some nice PR so it seems to be a good rss tip, I don't know about the best rss tip, but we'll throw it in here anyhow.

Best RSS Tips : RSS Tip #5

Submit Site RSS To FeedAGG.com

This site is free to use and has a great service. You can take any blog or web site rss feed and update your information to this site. Your full content will be displayed so unlike many rss aggregation services, your whole post links and all will be displayed. This site has helped me boost some search engine listings and also has given me some good click through traffic, so I would make sure to check this one out!

Here is the link : http://www.feedagg.com

Enjoy!

Best RSS Tips : RSS Tip #5

Internal Link In First Line

This is really one of the most powerful rss tips I can teach you. There are many great things you can do with rss, but learning how to control and manipulate the output to put you in a big advantage is the smartest thing you can do. Once you send out your feed to all the sites you can, you have lost all control. It is now up to other webmasters to either pickup your feed, use your feed for content or ignore your feed altogether.

Of course if you end up with a popular RSS feed you will have much traffic and success with your site. But, how can we use the feed to help us gain more link juice and power on the handful of authority sites we are going to distribute our feed too?

Well the answer is simple, fast and easy to implement. However this is one of the most overlooked steps in rss feed control in the history of rss. Now, fist off you need to understand even if you have your feed set to display all the data it can (title, content, html) then this does not mean that all rss aggregation services are going to display all that info. The only guaranteed info to display on ALL sites, is the title and first couple lines of your content.

So this is why it is of amazing power to put one link in your post in the very first line of text. OK doesn't sound so amazing? Well, it is, just think about it.

Now on every place on the web that your feed is displayed you will have in essence build an external link back to your site with anchor text of your choosing. I try to use this like a helpful reference to another part of my website in the post and then once the feed is out, it's free back links all day long!

If people syndicate your information on their own web sites this can be huge!

That was one of the simplest things I have heard. What I want to know is why are so many people on the internet making things so complicated. If you go on YouTube or face book, you see people trying to make money teaching others how to make money online. I was one of these people last year that didn’t have nearly the amount of knowledge I needed to be teaching others. I now am learning things all over again and have been doing great. We need more posts like this one. Telling people how to get huge traffic easy and simple is just another reason I love this forum. You can find out so much info for free and just by asking questions. I am going to be trying this right away. Thanks I now have 2 new tricks up my sleeve.

Best RSS Tips : RSS Tip #6

Go Audio With Your RSS Feed - For Ease Of Use and For Accessibility

Can your website members "listen" to your rss feed? Well, why not?

There is a free service that will automatically transform your content into spoken word. This service is a great way to make your rss feed available to those who are always on the go and also those with visual disabilities. Most blind web surfers do have special software to translate on page content into words, but why not make it easier? For those of us who spend a lot of time on the road, being able to download a RSS Feed and listen to it in the car is a great way to keep up with our favorite websites.

This will not make a magical amount of web traffic flood your site, but it will definitely make for a cool add-on that your visitors will appreciate!

Here is the site that you need to visit to get your rss feed transforming into a downlaodable and streamable audio format: http://odiogo.com

and an example of the output from a live rss feed : http://podcasts.odiogo.com/webmaster-business-plan/podcasts-html.php

I have always been confused as to why RSS was so important and what it actually does...

RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. It is nothing more than a notification service that allows websites to talk to each other automatically. It can be used to spread information from your site to any other website in the world, so there in lies its power!

It is one of those things that it is so simple it is confusing, much like twitter :-)

RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. It is nothing more than a notification service that allows websites to talk to each other automatically. It can be used to spread information from your site to any other website in the world, so there in lies its power!

It is one of those things that it is so simple it is confusing, much like twitter :-)

Oh ok! I think that I am slowly catching onto to it lol. I understand about Twitter and the way that it works. I am on one website and he uses RSS feeds. I never understand as to why but now I think I am being to understand! Thanks! :)

There are people who will grab the RSS feed from your blog and put it into a plugin that is made for publishing RSS onto their blog. This helps them to be able to get content for their site, and will help you to be able to get traffic and a link from their site. If you are writing your blog posts with a link in them then when someone grabs your feed (trust me, they will) your link will be published in the content on that person's site. You get a lot of information spread around very quickly that way.

I have been seeing my youtube videos all over the place recently. I see that the sites that are displaying my vids, must be using a youtube rss feed to do this, because the sites are simply full up with videos. Another cool way to get out there for free, thanks youtube site script builders :-)

Put Adsense Ads On Your RSS Feed: Yes - Get Paid From Your RSS Feed!

You now can add Google Adsense to your website or blogs RSS Feed and monetize your syndication. Talk about maximizing your efforts! This is a powerful way to get more income from a single blog as your feed in spread across the internet, so are ads that pay you every time they are clicked. There is no simpler or more automated way to spread your income potential across the web, I promise!

This may actually be the single best rss tip out there, but we will keep them coming just in case.

-Nick

Nick how do you do this? Is it in your adsense account?

Nick how do you do this? Is it in your adsense account?

Well yes, you will need to have an adsense account to use this one. The rss ads feature is just another way you can display google ads now.

You will have to go to http://feedburner.com and burn your feed first, as this is a Google service and that is how they are serving up their ads in within your rss stream.

Oh, thanks for the tip no 5 I was forgetting that. Otherwise I am doing all the other tips mentioned here (Except the audio one which is not feasible for me)

Well yes, you will need to have an adsense account to use this one. The rss ads feature is just another way you can display google ads now.

You will have to go to http://feedburner.com and burn your feed first, as this is a Google service and that is how they are serving up their ads in within your rss stream.

I never knew you could do that with your feed. When did this happen anyways? Or has this been around for a long time? You know, even if you did add Adsense to your RSS Feed - I don't think it would come in handy unless you are getting tons of traffic but it still is a good idea to maximize your revenue.

Since Feedburner is now owned by Google, so you can easily monetize your web streams and syndicated news. The fact is that the real key to success is through persistence and having patience. After initially launching your blog, your posts may not appear somewhere else than on your site over the net but as you add to the number of quality and unique posts, after some weeks or months, by searching Google you would find your articles copied and used on dozens of other resources. This would be the golden point since every single post would bring a lot of visits to your site.