Web Marketing Help Forum
jr_sci

Computer Freezes In between

I am having this problem from a few days. I am using Win 7 as my OS. I often see my laptop hangs and freezes and the screen covers with smoke. If I touch the screen, then it becomes okay.

Now the questions is, My OS has some problem or the hardware has some problem. Sorry I can't take a screen shot as because my computer hangs when this problem arises.

I would try running the mem test for your ram first as that's a very common problem of pc/laptop freezing and has happened to me numerous times in the past.

So for a memory test should I take my Laptop to a searvice centre or I can do it with the help of a software? I am really confused as I am facing a lot of problem working in my Laptop and I need to restart every 10 mintute or so.

I would try to to put Windows XP back on your laptop. Rather there is a hardware conflict or the install of Windows 7 is flaky, it would seem easiest to just roll-back to what was working. Maybe it is time for a new laptop?

I have a similar kind of an issue. My laptop power option setup is sleep: when i close my laptop or press the power button. After this when I open the laptop or press the power button to get it normal it crashes. Don;t know whether it is windows 7 bug?

I am using Windows XP for a long time and the said problem did not arise for me even once. Once I got the opportunity to set up Windows 7 as the operating system, but I did not consider that then.

What do you mean covers with smoke? That sounds a bit dangerous, you mean there is smoke coming from your laptop? If it's a case of freezing, sounds like a virus or something but I could be wrong.

Sounds like your hardware is not compatible with Windows 7.

Did you upgrade your drivers for Windows 7? If they are not available for Windows 7, the Vista version might work.