Web Marketing Help Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fabio Cuffaro

Moving to Invision Power Board

After much thought and research, forum.massivelinks.com will be moving from vBulletin to Invision Power Board.

Invision Power Board also known as IPB is a high quality forum software that competes in every way with vBulletin. The reason for the move is mainly due to the fact that IPB offers a range of products that suit MassiveLinks.com well.

The three areas of the site that will be moved over to IPB are the forum, blogs and article directory. There will be a learning curve for all of us but after spending two weeks in the IPB forums I have grown to really like the way the forum looks and functions.

The change will be made over the coming days. Once the change is made the software will be new out of the box with all the default settings of IPB. Over the following weeks there will be a customization process to make the forum look and feel unique. I hope you will enjoy the changes.

I must admit that I like the look of this board again. :)

Was it difficult to change over?

IPB have converter scripts that convert databases over to IPB. Because the article directory was a third party script I asked for a custom conversion for the whole thing. The article directory was not easy, but the forum converted easily.