Web Marketing Help Forum
jr_sci

Effective strategy for an E-commerce site

What are the effective strategy for an Ecommerce site. Here I mean only off-page Optimization.

How can we drive in maximum traffic to our e-commerce site?

Does directories still works or should I put more stress on classified advertisements?

Part of the answer lie in where your target market is? Are they on social media sites (twitter, FaceBook, etc)? Blogs (specific to your ecommerce products/services)?

Find out where the ecommerce site's potential customers are and market there.

~Roland

Well the market of this eCommerce website is in the Home State of the Business. Now, my main motive is to get the site in top of Google for some specific keywords.

What are the main areas where I need to concentrate? For now, I am concentrating in Getting quality links to get a Good SEPR in Google.

I think you should only use paid ads if you are actually selling product through your site. Otherwise it may not be worth the investment.

A big part of being successful as an e-commerce business is making yourself stand out from the competition. To do this you must first define your competition. Usually you will want to make your name on the quality of your products/services and your customer care. After that, you just need to get your business in front of as many of the right eyes as possible. Sounds simple, but most folks spend a few years on first part.

Once you have small success and have found out your conversion rate, then and only then, you can look to ppc to "amplify" your business volume.

Well don't you think that off line marketing methods too work here. Word of mouth and newspaper advertising about the e-commerce site for that matter would help a lot in driving the interested visitors to the site. I did it in the past.