Web Marketing Help Forum
Fabio Cuffaro

Twitter Follows?

Do you follow everyone that follows you on Twitter or are you selective? The more time I spend on Twitter the more selective I'm becoming with whom I follow. Obviously tons of people are on Twitter to market their products or services but some just seem to be too spammy and for that reason I don't follow.

Actually I follow only a few people following whom I think would be helpful to me. Following a lot of people might often result to spamming and it might be difficult to tweet sometimes. So, I would suggest that we must follow only the most helpful twitter members.

Your strategy for following on Twitter should be guided by your purpose for using Twitter.

For example: if you sell widgets, you might follow anyone that posts about widgets.

Also, follow those on Twitter that fit your target market.

If you goal is to get your name out there as much as possible... you might follow most that follow you. You do want to check the person's follow/following numbers too. Some one that only has followers.. and not or limits follows, may not be helpful.

~Roland

What about if we just want to promote our blog? At that time what should be our strategy? I was thinking to promote my blog through twitter but before that I need a solid strategy to promote it through twitter or I shall end up wasting a lot of my time and landing up nowhere.

If you have too many Twitter follows, your site can become messy and disorganized. It can become confusing, stick with the follows you care about most

You are exactly right Marth. A few days back Twitter has been overloaded with a lot of tweets and thus their server was down for a while. I shall post that Info in another thread.

What so ever it is, I feel we must limit the number of twitter followers or it might be hard for us latter to clear out all those spams.