Web Marketing Help Forum
Fabio Cuffaro

A New look for the forum?

Does the forum need to update its look?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Does the forum need to update its look?

• Yes, the forum needs a change
    • No, the forum looks good the way it is

Well what I feel is that the forum looks quite good but you can make certain changes like, changing the background which is at present blue in color. You might think of some light color. Moreover, you can expand the forum to cover the whole window. For Eg. Digital point, webmaster-talk etc.

I have just joined this forum and I feel that the forum is okay but needs some modification. As jr_sci told, you can try out some light color in your template.

I can suggest you that you hold some active contests so that more members are active in your forum. The price money of these contests doesn't matter even if they are less.

I can suggest you that you hold some active contests so that more members are active in your forum.

What kind of contests do you recommend having?

I always thought new buttons (i.e new threads, new reply, closed thread) would of been great too have. I agree with the lighter background as well, I mean the current one is good I never really had problems with it, I think it's mainly about improving and modifying to make it better.

I think I sent you list awhile ago of a few things I thought needed tweaking and modifying. Like I said the forum rocks just the way it is but no matter what your doing there is always room for improvement. :)

EDIT: I also think it'd be cool to change the username colors, we haven't done that in awhile. If your planning on re-doing the forum though I'm sure you could get something to match it. ;)

Edited by Luckystar

I personally think, you can hold contests like, The best topic of the Week receives $5-$10.

Or, Holding a contest like "The person with maximum number of Posts within 15 days, receives $10".

Or, LOGO Contest, Best Article Writing Contest, Photography Contest etc..

I personally think, you can hold contests like, The best topic of the Week receives $5-$10.

Or, Holding a contest like "The person with maximum number of Posts within 15 days, receives $10".

Or, LOGO Contest, Best Article Writing Contest, Photography Contest etc..

Although this is a good idea, I think it could drain money really fast. Also, the whole post thing could trigger a lot of post that provide absolutely no use to the board but to raise postcount, which would just give more work to the mods. If we had a vb arcade, I could think of a lot of prizes. But since this is a webmaster forum I don't see why we'd need one.

Well as far as I am concerned, I think a lot of webmaster forums hold such contests. It should trigger the forum and keep it active. The moderators should stay active. And they should be strict to see to it that no one is spamming. If they find someone spamming the board, then they should be banned.

The moderators need to work in this regard. To be frank.

I can't speak for the other moderators, but I do try to stay as active as possible. I do a lot of other work for this site, and I set forum moderating to the bottom of my list. I still, as I hope you've all noticed, done my share of deleting many spam threads and post. A lot more discipline is taken by the moderating team, but we don't announce it publicly so there's really no way for you all too take notice.

Most of the work we do involves the site as a whole and with a site as big as massivelinks it's hard to give the forum as much love as it deserves. A one trip up banning does seem harsh, though. I will admit we may have let a few things slide but if something needs to be done, it will be done. Most of the people that do spam here never come back. It's really no use banning them anyway. If you would like to discuss this further, you may PM one of the moderators or start a corresponding thread, I want too make sure we stay on topic ;).

Holding a contest now and then would be great I can see where that would generate traffic and I'm all for it. Do you guys have any other ideas that could make the forum's look and feel better? :)

Edited by Luckystar

Functionally.. the forum is fine. A new/revised look might be nice, but not necessary.

I may revise some of my clients' site with an updated look if it makes functional, SEO or user friendliness sense.

~Roland

I liked the original forum when it was TWT, now I find it more difficult to navigate. But I am so bloomin busy that I do not get on much :eek:

I'm sure I'll get used to it ;)

I liked the original forum when it was TWT, now I find it more difficult to navigate. But I am so bloomin busy that I do not get on much :eek:

I'm sure I'll get used to it ;)

The forum hasn't changed much since then. The only thing that's changed really is the positioning of the categories. I think you're just feeling a little nostalgic. :D