Web Marketing Help Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tommartien

Domain extension

There are lots of domain name extension like .ca -Canada,.biz -business,.org -organization,.net-network,.edu-education etc so this domain specified the working or information on the site.& If you are promoting or selling a commercial product or service and have to choose between a .com .

:):)

Edited by Fabio
removed link

The only reason to go with something that isn't a dot com is when it helps define the nature of the website. For example, I play around in TV fan sites, so the new .tv is a neat way to show that it's a site about a show. dot edu and dot org are also very good if they fit the project. Beyond that, things start to get sloppy. It's tough to sell a dot net for example, if you should choose to put the URL on the market - it's an extension that just doesn't have the impact of a dot com.

Well, whatever, the reason may be to use another extension instead of .com extension but a .com extension is always preferable than the rest.

A .net domain name is also a good one. But personally I feel that domain names other than .com are less SEO friendly. Other than that, it is very much okay to use any of the extensions.

I just used a .in extension for my New Website as I got a cheap deal for .in. So, there can be various reasons to choose a domain name.