Web Marketing Help Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Olivia

Do any of those "speed up your compute" programs work?

I'm always seeing commercials for that website that offers to speed up your computer for FREE! I know it isn't really free, but does that stuff work? A friend of mine suggested running Crap Cleaner to get my computer running smooth again, but I'm reluctant to download a program that's going to mess in the working files.

I use my computer A LOT and it seems like it's getting slower everyday, more crashes, more hang ups. Are there programs that can help or is it just time to bite the bullet and buy a new machine?

I use my computer A LOT and it seems like it's getting slower everyday, more crashes, more hang ups. Are there programs that can help or is it just time to bite the bullet and buy a new machine?

There needs to be some regular maintenance done on the computer or else it won't run well. Crap Cleaner is a good product and I'd recommend it. I use it once in a while to clean the accumulated stuff on the computer. Minimizing the processes is another essential thing for your computer to run smoothly. I also run the anti-virus daily at midnight to clean out bad cookies and make sure that there are no virus or trojans.

A few months ago i saw a commercial for a product called finally fast dot com.It looked so cool and easy i tried it.What they do not tell you is that you have to pay and give your credit card information.Before i even did that i ran their progam and it told me all the things supposedly wrong.Thats when they hit me with the whole you have to pay and give your info.I did not want to do that but then i could not get this stupid program off my computer.So with that said i think everyone should talk to people they know online before trying some product because you might get yourself in a situation where you end up having to pay money for some stupid product you do not need.

Hi,

Some of those programs might be a waste of time. While Crap Cleaner might be good just be careful and do it with caution. It sounds like you are having other problems like spyware or malware possibly. I am going to give you a few suggestions that might help out.

1. Download the ATF cleaner and clean out your cookies everyday. Sometimes twice a day if needed.

2. Download the freeware of Avira AntiVir free edition and run a virus scan.

3. Download the SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition and run a spyware check to make sure that your computer is spyware free.

4. Download Malwarebytes free edition. Check for malware and do a scan.

If you already have a virus protection on your computer then do not download that because two virus protections are bad for your system. While it does not matter how many spyware cleaners you have so you can download the superantispyware one for free and do it asap. Don't try and run scans at the same time, do them seperate.

Don't waste your time on programs that are not known and that you know nothing about! It really sounds like you are having another kind of problem. Instead of downloading things that might make your computer run slower download those above. The other thing is how many programs do you have going up and can the amount of space and GB that you have on your computer handle it? Always make sure that your computer is up to date with everything including Java.

All of the programs I mentioned before are free for life but you can pay for them later and get some more stuff if needed.

Good Luck,

Kari

I have never used any of the speed up your pc programs myself. I do run a spyware and antivirus app on my pc.

About once a month I'll take a look at my msconfig and make sure that there are no extra programs launching at startup and remove any services that I am not familiar with. This is one place that anybody can turn off a lot of windows junk that you simply never use. Just for example if you are using a direct connection to the internet, you can turn off your wireless zero configuration, if you do not print from the computer, you can get rid of the print spooler service and you can get rid of telephony if you are not using a modem and the list goes on.

Remote Registry is still turned on by default in Windows XP not only is this a rather serious security risk, but a totally useless service that nobody in the world will ever be using unless they are on a network that is being managed via active directory. If you don't have system admin living with you, this is not a service that ever gets used, thanks Microsoft for slowing my pc down for no reason!

I will also check running services from time to time and if I see something suspicious I will go remove it from the registry. I don't suggest everybody go about things these ways, you may really mess some things up, but after all it takes about a hour for a fresh install of Windows and it seems like that is a pretty good investment of time for some.

Oh, get rid of your desktop background, windows dragging effects and all that fancy stuff and you can give yourself a quick performance boost as well!

Most of the speed issues home computer users run into are as much Microsoft's fault as they are due to viruses and other malicious software. So don't click every window that pops up and run your anti virus and spyware apps and you should be fine.

Your computer stores lot of temporary files and that is the core reason for the system slowness. Adding to this if you have internet, the amount of files which gets downloaded unnecessarily to your harddrive is numerous, and into multiple places. I use CCleaner which helps to clean up your hard drive and that too with a S delete option. And simply use the Disk Defragmentor which will help you to organise your files on your harddisk. These are simple suggestions to help you solve the issue.

Speeding up a computer is dependent on the way a website loads too. Websites load slowly due to overload of content, especially gadgets or widgets for that matter.

It's so nice to have a fast personal computer. Based on my experience, my computer was slow down by junk that has been collected from surfing the internet, such adware, spyware and sometimes viruses. Improperly removing programs tend to slow up my computer. Speed up computer is my aim for that time until I've searched a program that improves the speed and performance of my computer.

Remember, if you want to maintain a healthy and fast computer, you must take good care of it and perform regular preventive maintenance to keep it free from errors.. :)

My advice is not to believe this ads on websites but to believe reliable software. In fact to keep computer working fast you should regularly do maintance by cleaning temporary files and defragmentation. I use CCleaner and Perfectdisc for this