Web Marketing Help Forum
Galang25

Choose a very 'typable' domain name

Imagine yourself typing, "forxchngtips4u.com". Ok, that's a bit sarcastic but you know what I mean. Professional website design domain should be unique; I cannot tell you how difficult it will be if you have a similar domain name with a popular website.

Although there are successful bloggers who have parodied famous domain names, I still believe that you should choose a unique domain name.

Have keywords in your domain name, having your exact keywords in your domain name will help with search engine optimization.

Country specific domain extensions, if you are targeting a country specific audience it would be safe to register country specific domain name along with the domain name with the .com extension.

Hyphen-filled domain names, Domain names that have more than two hyphens may be regarded by users as spam sites and quickly forget about your website.

Edited by Fabio
removed hyperlink

Great first post Galang25, welcome aboard the Massive Links Forums!

I agree that many times people simply do not put as much thought into a domain name as they should and you brought up some good points..

Hope to hear more from you, see you around the forums,

Nick

Good points! Domain name is important and should reflect the website's content.

Whenever I think of creating a new site, I am always baffled with thinking what would be the best domain for it. You just have to be wise.