Web Marketing Help Forum

well there's a phrase saying "forums can't live without spammers". well sometime when you think of such phrase it make sense. what do you think about it? ;)

Depends what you mean by spammers. It sounds stupid, but I really believe there's such a thing as constructive spamming. I am not talking one word, rubbish posts. I mean the posts that really have no meaning or appearent point, yet still get a good convosation going between members.

yes perhaps those no meaning or appearent point but still a good conversation might seems like spam, but they are driving the forum alive~ thats the conflict here ;) some spammers keeps forums alive (not those advertisement spammers of course)

eh? this sounds stupid...initially when you start forum...spammers look fine as they will fill the forum..but later on ..its PITA(pain in the ass ) :P

hey is there anyway to ban certain ip from .htaccess?

order allow,deny

deny from xxx.xx.x.x

allow from all

Replace xxx.xx.x.x with the IP address ;)

• Like 1

Depends what you mean by spammers. It sounds stupid, but I really believe there's such a thing as constructive spamming. I am not talking one word, rubbish posts. I mean the posts that really have no meaning or appearent point, yet still get a good convosation going between members.

Any examples?

Any examples?

ME :D

I am a bit of a constructive spammer. Maybe not on this forum, but certainly on overs. I make comments that may not necessarily add the convosation, but definitly encourages new convosation.

Lots of people make posts that could be deemed as spam by moderation nazis. Like I said before; it all depends on what you consider spam to be.

ME :D

I am a bit of a constructive spammer. Maybe not on this forum, but certainly on overs. I make comments that may not necessarily add the convosation, but definitly encourages new convosation.

Lots of people make posts that could be deemed as spam by moderation nazis. Like I said before; it all depends on what you consider spam to be.

ha same with me, people usually wont consider me spamming but i actually do spam :D

Spammers are there wherever you go. They are very much seen on blogs, on forums, through emails, etc. They cannot be controlled permanently. In fact they can be put at bay with a minimum of effort.

It is imperative for the forum owners and blog owners to fight spamming. There is no other way out.

We can talk about at least two categories of spammers: one of those who send unsolicited bulk messages and one of those who post on forums and blogs with the intention to add nothing to the conversation, their only interest is either to insert a link to external sites in their message or to increase the number of their posts.

Yes, it appears so. If the external links serve the purpose of building up a community then they may be permitted. Any difference of opinion on this?

Spamming is a promotional messages that are not of your interest and that are not related to your request but they make a meaning or excessive posting is also the spamming.so,it provides the conversation between the users. so, people do spam.

Actually can you see when something is good without comparing it to something bad?

I think is the same with spammers.

In am fed up with spammers. Mostly they are from USA and post links on posts that are gibberish or non topic related.

They are all wasting their time. I ban them ALL and delete their posts within 24hours.

Those dumping a link to their website in their profile also have this removed and if they dont post within 200 days the account will be deleted.

I am not prepared to have my forum bunged up with rubbish posts, dodgy members who never post and non relevant links.

It is not as if I dont have spam protection requiring human actions to register!