Web Marketing Help Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nitinalbert

Upgrade from Windows 2000 to Windows Vista

I have checked the microsoft technet website and found that you cannot really upgrade windows 2000 to Windows vista directly. You have to purchase a seperate copy of vista. What microsoft is offering is a free license to windows Vista or license upgrade to vista if you have registered copy of windows 2000. So you can save money in licensing. Microsoft is planning to stop support for Windows 2000 and it wants all the 2000 users to change to Vista.

I have checked the microsoft technet website and found that you cannot really upgrade windows 2000 to Windows vista directly. You have to purchase a seperate copy of vista. What microsoft is offering is a free license to windows Vista or license upgrade to vista if you have registered copy of windows 2000. So you can save money in licensing. Microsoft is planning to stop support for Windows 2000 and it wants all the 2000 users to change to Vista.

True, my brother recently bought a disk and it installed the newest Windows vista update. Microsoft is trying to get customers to focus more on their newest technology and not their old so they can get more money so it's not really all that expensive.