Web Marketing Help Forum
danielnixon

disable browser right click?? protect text from being copied..

Hi...

I need help and code for this....

How can I disable the browser's right-click options? How can I protect my source, images, etc. from being copied?

somebody...

thanks....

Basically, you can't. You can disable right clicking but your source and image can still be copied.

Right click is just a short cut / user friendly way to copy. With most browsers someone can see your source code. You can encript your source code but that interferes with search engine indexing of your site.

Image protection - anything that appears on a computer screen can be copied. If you're trying to protect photographs/art works, you might put a watermark over the image.

~Roland

Now a days you can just about copy anything. Like Roland said. With any image you migh like to protect use a watermark in it.

agree with what vwebworld said...right click thing will work only if you have n00b users..anyone can go and take your source code and copy data.

well i think the only way to reduce thing being stolen for a forum is where you put in a forum and disallow guest/ certain members to view it... i remember in .asp there's a system which requires members to buy and view it ;)

You cant actually stop copying the files or imges. You can actually use a water mark embedded into the image to and find out if your image is stolen or copied. I am afraid this is the only way to do it.

I remember the days when right-click limited my image stea.. uh, image searching but I can take whatever I want now. :)

I am surprised those in the know didnt hit on what some sites do.

They make the picture very small around 30 x 40mm at low resolution.

Anyone copying it will only be able to get a small picture or a large on pixelated.

Watermark also stops copying but detracts from the picture so

"dont you do it"