Web Marketing Help Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nitinalbert

Windows XP versus Windows vista

I really do not know the technical difference but I know I wish I was using xp. I bought a lap top last year and it came with vista. It pretty much was impossible to find a lap top that did what I wanted and also had xp on it. It seems as if every computer you want to buy is vistas now. What I do not like about vista is that I am still just not use to it. I was so used to xp I didn’t even like the way vista looked. I guess it is like coke and Pepsi. Some people will rave about vista while others will rave about coke. I Hope someone gives you the answers you are looking for.

Well by most any standards Vista was really a downgrade from xp. As far as the back end the actual os(operating system), not much changed at all in 4 years of working from Microsoft. They have worked almost exclusively on the front end, the gui(Graphical User Interface)to me this showed more of a fear of linux and mac's getting more play because of the ease of use and stylish looks of their os.

The widgets, transparent windows and many more of the facial changes sure remind me of mac, don't know about anybody else.

Yes, the start menu works a little different, your system shutdown options are little different and god love the terrible ajax looking screen blackout every time windows wants to do something is also different. However you must understand, these are just ascetic changes and nothing new, just moving things around to keep Microsoft certified instructors in business guys.

The HCL (hardware compatibility list) of vista was an is still much smaller than xp, but may work with a couple new hardware devices that are made for vista and beyond.

It seems to me like Microsoft just wanted to boost the hardware industry for once by making outlandish system requirements this rip, this is usually the gaming industries job, but oh well.

Now with Widows 7 they have actually made some real changes and not just ascetic ones, the code is more concise it can run on systems with less resources and in many ways is one of the better and least buggy releases of Windows to date.

I would never ever buy windows vista because of the terrible things that I've heard about it. However I have heard of a lot of great things for Windows 7. I don't know what the differences are. I've stayed far away from vista. I won't get Windows 7 for a couple more months yet. I hope I can get a computer soon because my computer is over 7 years old!Yikes.

This is the order of preference of using windows -

1. Windows 7 - I find it the best ever windows. Very Stable and Very Pleasing to use.

2. Windows XP - The second choice, best for low config systems. Very Stable. Most Compatible.

3. Windows Vista - Last Choice. Not Stable. May be pleasing visually.

Your order is exactly the same one that I would go in! I so can not wait to get Windows 7 but I for sure don't want to get it on this computer. Is it true that Windows 7 clears out your hard drive?

To be honest I never had any problems with Windows Vista. Perhaps because I was more of a casual computer user when I got it. I did like many of the visual changes and I agree that they are much more Mac-like. That being said I am really looking forward to getting Windows 7. Now that I work online most of the time and am learning and running more advanced software, I am looking forward to having a better operating system. I do most of my work on my desktop which is running XP so I'm hoping to upgrade to a whole new system as soon as I can afford it.

Vista :angry:

XP :)

Windows 7 :D

Here here! I finally have Windows 7 and I love it! I think it's great and I love the graphics plus animation that is with Windows 7. It's hard to really say all of the differences between that and XP expect that 7 is just better then what I use to have!

The graphic at Windows 7 is better than Vista and Xp, Windows Vista is heavy and uses high % of the cpu which makes the computer slow.

But the problem in Windows 7 that not all progarms work in it.

People are very happy with Windows XP that they don't opt for the transition to Vista. The start menu is move advanced in Vista when compared to XP. And with Vista you have a much broader range of search leverage.

Guest pcscanpro

vista is pleasing visually bt not as secure as xp.

[removed]

Edited by WiseWebmaster

Guest TheSSLstore

Actually this post is too old but @ knowledge purpose give you answer. I am now use win 7 and vista and win 7 are same but only difference is stability @ work of win 7 is more than vista. vista is require more PC configuration. otherwise it is crashed and you face many problems.

xp and vista both are very different @ technology level. XP is old generation and vista come with new generation technology for services and process management. and also with high security.

As a consider to some group people prefer xp but some are prefer vista/win 7. but both are right @ their level. but compare to xp and vista now win 7 is very much reliable.