Web Marketing Help Forum
Bee

Malware Alert

I have another pop up alert about Trojan Adware.W32.ExpDwnldr. It keeps saying to download their software.

I used Smitfraudfix and Spybot, but it is still there. Can someone please help me!:eek: Thanks.

I haven't tried any yet. I am waiting for the safest web site before I download another one. My computer keeps freezing up.:frown:

I have Norton, but it didn't protect me once before when I had a problem with pop up alerts.

Thankfully I've never had to deal with malware or any type of virus. I once heard that by having your OS up to date can prevent 90% of the bad stuff. Then with an up to date anti-virus you can prevent the other 10%. So far for me this is true.

I found this: http://www.pcontech.com/spyware/remove/Adware.W32.ExpDwnldr-remove.htm They say it's a manual way to remove the trojan.

I received a message from Windows to shut down my computer. I did and received a note that said a malicious software was removed from my computer. I think it is actually gone! :D

Instead of putting it in Standby, there was the green and orange shield that came up and said to turn the computer off, so I did!

Oh, it is back! I should have known it is too good to be true. I will try the link to the manual way. Thanks everyone! I will let you know!:redface:

you might check out hijack this. Was told it is very good. If you don't know how to read the data than post it here and someone can tell you what it says to do.

You have to pay for Hijackthis on that one too. I did a little research and found that one person used Spynomore and it didn't work.

I found another person who used SDFix and it worked for him, but I used it and it didn't work for me. I am still looking. I went to MajorGeeks but it is so technical, I don't understand it.

hijack this there is suppose to be a free version of that. If you can not find that than you might ask if anybody had this program and is willing to run your site through it.

I just found the email from Fabio about the removal tool for .w32expdwnldr.

How to back up my registry. Can I save it in my Flash Drive? Can you tell me how to save it before I proceed with the romal of the malware.

Thanks

if you already have antivirus installed then go the norton's url and check for virus removing tools for this particular virus. I am sure they should have the patch available for free download. Download it and run the tool it should fix your problem

If you have antivirus installed on your computer then go the website of the product and search for the virus removing tool for your particular virus. Also try to download microsoft spyware remover. it will help you block unnecessay pop ups

well if its adware ccleaner wont help! try downloading adware-cleaner. its good tool and i am pretty sure it will remove it