Web Marketing Help Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MWeb

Firefox lag/refresh

I have been experiencing an issue with Firefox for about 2 months. When I go to a web page, it seems as if the page fully loads; however, after about 15 seconds, it seems to do some type of refresh.

For example, I go to blah.com. If I immediately minimize Firefox, it will automatically maximize itself in about 15 seconds and interrupt anything else I might be doing. This is on any type of webpage I view, and it can be an online page or pages on my PC that I am developing.

I have it updated, completely uninstalled and reinstalled everything, and have tested it with no add-ons working. This isn't happening on any other browsers on my PC, and it doesn't happen on my PC at work when I use Firefox.

I updated to 2.0.0.6 from the previous version, which also did this, and the issue is still there.

Any suggestions?

We got users on here that when it is listed like that they jump all over a person for using one or the other. Bottom line is if you like what your using, keep using it.

As for your problem have you checked to see if you have a switch on that is suppose to be off?

I've checked everything I can think of. No clue what is causing it.

And I've never berated anyone for the software they use; we all have our preferences and things we're comfortable with. I do use IE for developing sites, but not general browsing.

I've tried disabling them all, with no luck. Somehow I think it must be something other than Firefox itself, just a matter of tracking it down.

I had this problem once myself but I don't remember what I did. I think it was with the pages I was looking at or working on. Had the refresh tag after so many miuntes I think.

Did you clear out your cookies?