Web Marketing Help Forum
michelle

cool new website

i found compete.com it's a great tool that mostly estimates how you compare to your competition. hey it's better than just wondering IMO. i really like it a lot!

this site actually worked out really well for me. one company that i thought was no competition at all actually is my BIGGEST competitor according to compete! goes to show that you don't always no who to look out for!

Looks to me like you have to get the toolbar to make it work properly...

says not enough info for any of the sites that I'm trying... Also you can't go after subdomains... :(

I'll stick to my software :)

Looks like another Alexa type very unaccurate data to me.

yes your right. i just think it's a good way to estimate how your competitors are doing.

Really Michelle if it's going off of Alexa data... it's not very accurate at all!

Alexa data only really works for high hits rate sites.

This tool doesnt seem to have any info on sites I am interested in. Do you have to pay for a full version for it to work?

Those sites that get traffic on a daily basis are ranked in Alexa. I don't understand why there's no available data for my blog in compete.com when Alexa shows an in-depth analysis.

When you download Compete software, including the Compete Toolbar, you will be given the option of enabling click-sharing. Should you opt-in to click-sharing you will begin to anonymously share the addresses of the web pages you visit online.

Using the small piece of software you download, we collect information related to your website visitation and internet usage. We use this information, in anonymous or aggregated fashion, to help our clients understand what sites, products, and services our members interact with. The small piece of software uses a proprietary rules engine to search through all URLs (internet site addresses), before transmitting them to its database, to strip out any such personally identifiable information. If any personal information, for ex. something you may have typed into a field on a page, inadvertently collected by the software, we make every commercially viable effort to purge our database of that information promptly. In any event, we do not disclose the contents of such information stored in our databases - so we will not release or use this information anyway.

To calculate more robust metrics for our users, we also license URL and demographic data (age, gender, household income, geographical location, etc.) from multiple sources including ISPs and ASPs.

Compete.com Privacy Policy Last modified: June 15, 2010