Web Marketing Help Forum
Tony025

Windows Vista

My roommate just bought a new pc and it has Windows Vista on it which he doesn't like. I found out that Zone Alarm wouldn't work they still haven't released a Windows Vista version yet. I hate the layout of Windows Vista I have to spend more time looking for certain files..What did surprise me is that AVG came with Windows Vista instead of Norton. Also if you go to control program to remove something it's not there like Windows Defender, I still can't uninstall it. So basically I hate Windows Vista..

More of why not to get that program until they have most of the bugs out.

If I ever for some reason buy a new computer I'll will load windows xp back onto it.

it's supposed to be very pretty though :) I wonder why they chose to reorganize things so much? I bought Office 2007 recently and it took another person to stumble upon and tell me about where the FILE menu now was because they just aren't there anymore. They are now 'ribbons' :)

They saw you coming and said we have one here. Lets move the hook just a little and see they bite. Guess you did.

Don't you hate it when they do that. They have a good product in the first place and someone comes along and says, hey let's change this or that. Bummer

That's the thing I hate most about upgrades, just when you know exactly where to click and how to talk someone through finding all those difficult to find but essential things, along comes a new version and completely changes the layout :(

I'm just finding my way round Office 2007 now.

exactly! Office 07 is a lot different, I'm finding. I really only wanted the Business Contact Manager, which I ABSOLUTELY LOVE and recommend to everyone who runs their own biz.

vista is a pain in the *beep* it constantly asks for permission to do things and i got the blue screen of death 2x's today while checking my gmail! :mad:

Windows Vista sucks my roommate new computer just crashed and I can't get it to reboot with the Windows Vista Recovery. So I installed a different "Windows XP Media Center" version and it works again, it took me some time to get around the Windows Vista version that was on it. Probably tomorrow he will take it back where he got it and get another tower. A lot of software got messed up on it, just another reason not to buy Windows Vista.

Windows Vista sucks my roommate new computer just crashed and I can't get it to reboot with the Windows Vista Recovery. So I installed a different "Windows XP Media Center" version and it works again, it took me some time to get around the Windows Vista version that was on it. Probably tomorrow he will take it back where he got it and get another tower. A lot of software got messed up on it, just another reason not to buy Windows Vista.

Good thing your friend has you around. Steve and I were just talking the other day how the 'cool' things Vista has is so not worth the Sh*ttiness of it! I'll talk to him about installing XP on the new laptop. That sounds like a really good idea!

Good thing your friend has you around. Steve and I were just talking the other day how the 'cool' things Vista has is so not worth the Sh*ttiness of it! I'll talk to him about installing XP on the new laptop. That sounds like a really good idea!

If I ever do buy a new pc I will put XP back on it, I spend more time trying to find files on Vista and using the options menu's on it. I even had a problem using highspeed internet with Vista, something to do with Vista software.:confused:

If I ever do buy a new pc I will put XP back on it, I spend more time trying to find files on Vista and using the options menu's on it. I even had a problem using highspeed internet with Vista, something to do with Vista software.:confused:

The new computer I made, the guy asked me which software I wanted and I told him xp. He told me good choice.

The new computer I made, the guy asked me which software I wanted and I told him xp. He told me good choice.

Microsoft has patched XP enough that it is finally becoming a stable OS. I plan on hanging onto it as long as I can. Vista, in my opinion is still Beta software. It's becoming common practice to throw half baked software to the wolves (us), get us to pay for it and then test it so they can find the rest of the bugs. I may go with the Vista after SP2 is released which is a couple of years down the road.

Microsoft's Vista Operating System is pretty new in the market. My initial observation is it consumes lots of system resources. It means you need to have a poweful hardware with lots of RAM and video memory. Otherwise your system will be too slow. Its always that there will be many tweaches in new products . You need to hang on a while so that vista's problems are fixed