Web Marketing Help Forum
Tony025

building your own pc

ONE. I have had this one since 1999/2000

I have had to replace the motherboard casue of stupid power surge through the cable. Electric storm. I even had the power surge unit.

Thats sucks over the power surge!

If you can afford it, buy two separate hard drives and setup a script to copy your important data files from one to the other automatically.

With hard drives, it's not a question of IF they will fail, it's a question of WHEN.

I will have more than one HD probably at least 2-3 plus an external HD for back-up.

I will have more than one HD probably at least 2-3 plus an external HD for back-up.

Good news. If you need any assistance, let me know.

I've been in the computer networking field for about 8 years now. I've built a system or two. :)

Good news. If you need any assistance, let me know.

I've been in the computer networking field for about 8 years now. I've built a system or two. :)

ok I will thanks, do you know any websites to start looking for parts?

Hmmmm, I was planning on buying a new PC sometime in the next year.

Maybe I should build one instead? But I'm clueless on how to begin, or proceed. I suppose I could Google it !

It is more hassle for sure but quite rewarding, no more difficult than building an Ikea wardrobe. As a minimum you need a case (with power supply), motherboard with memory and processor, plus hard drives, a dvd rom drive and a graphics card Most motherboards come with soundcards and network cards built in.

Hmmmm, I was planning on buying a new PC sometime in the next year.

Maybe I should build one instead? But I'm clueless on how to begin, or proceed. I suppose I could Google it !

I am sure you can get a list of what to have from here. Just post when your ready.

ok I will thanks, do you know any websites to start looking for parts?

I've never used egghead, but I've heard they're cheap. You could also try TigerDirect. If you have a computer store in your area, it might be a good idea to check their pricing too. Plus, while you're in there, you can talk to the sales staff and get opinions on hardware they sell.

I used to have a link to a site that you could ask about computer stuff. Prices and they would put a list of about 10-20 company's and list what the price of the item is at each place. Still up but I don't remember how to find it.

If you buy Windows CD you can boot the computer and install windows operating system. otherwise you can make a boot cd/floopy from a existing computer. You will also get the boot cd/floppy from Hard disk manifacturer. That will be supplied to you when you buy the hard disk.