Web Marketing Help Forum
bushman

Checking website in various browsers

If you ever want to check and see what your website looks like on various browsers across different platforms, you might want to check out this site:

BrowserShots.org

--

Browsershots makes screenshots of your web design in different browsers. It is a free open-source online service created by Johann C. Rocholl. When you submit your web address, it will be added to the job queue. A number of distributed computers will open your website in their browser. Then they will make screenshots and upload them to the central server.

--

I'm trying it out now and it's way cool! :)

David :tup:

Guest vjTOM

I think it is quite good tool for webdesigners. They are always looking for views on their work from different brousers.

is anyone else getting a major delay on the site? I'm having a hard time getting results. Maybe it's temporary.

is anyone else getting a major delay on the site? I'm having a hard time getting results. Maybe it's temporary.

Yes, one site I tried... I got NO results before it timed out (30 Minutes).

:frown:

~Roland

I got no results after 4 hours. I submitted again and got results the second time. Looks like a great tool if you can wait for the results. ;)

It is a bit slow sometimes... the wait can be anywhere from an hour to possibly the next day. Try submitting in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning (like 5 am)... see if that has an effect on speed :)

It's slow because its the best. So many people are using the site now I think its kinda stretched its resources. I remember a few years back when it was as quick as a whistle.

It does depend on the OS and screen res you want though, just remember that.

ah I should have read the whole thread before submitting... it's been 5 min's and I'm impatient :D

I'll try it tonight before I go to bed...

db

This is what I got,

# Queue estimate: 2 minutes to 1 hour, 17 minutes (Details)

# 59 browsers selected, 7 starting

I am not sure ow long I should wait. I got too impatient as well so gave it up to wait for another 2 minutes or may be 1 hour. !!