Web Marketing Help Forum
wrmineo

Who's Already Using Vista

Guest Desert Rose 702

Are there that many Vista problems keeping people from jumping on it? :eek:

One problem I had that could happen is that if this bug has not been fixed it can wipe out everything on your computer. You need to make backups.

One problem I had that could happen is that if this bug has not been fixed it can wipe out everything on your computer. You need to make backups.

Yeah most of the time I always wait a year later to upgrade to a new windows version so that way they have a lot of the bugs fixed. The other day I went and talked to my Chiropractic and he just got the Vista and really wasn't that happy with it. Jeff was having a problem detecting Memory Sticks (Flash Drives) when you plugged them into the USB ports and he never had the problem before until he did the upgrade. I've got to play around with it some and really didn't care about the new start menu, but it's new and different.

The long run is they get those bugs fixed. If not they will be out a bunch of money for a useless program.

I upgraded two newish Dell GX620s to Vista Business from XP pro and it went very smoothly, no problems. Just had to uninstall Nero and get new AV software. The same upgrade on an Asus Pundit resulted in no network connectivity and no sound, so I rolled back - I should have checked this first.

I upgraded to Vista Ultimate on a new system I put together and got "Vista unable to complete upgrade reverting to previous version of Windows" then I got an "Unable to revert" message, so I ended up doing a clean install.

My advice would be to do a clean install unless you have a new HP, Dell etc that was probably rigorously tested by Microsoft. Use the tool on Microsoft's site for checking compatibility too.

Was it worth it? Not sure - the video wallpaper is cool and Media Centre is impressive.

I hope this helps.

Tony

I am using Vista and i am happy about the product. You need to have atlest 1 GB RAM in your computer otherwise it will be very slow and you would feel unhappy about the product. Vista provides better security features than windows XP.