Web Marketing Help Forum
wrmineo

Who's Already Using Vista

I'm curious to know how many people are already running the new OS, Windows Vista.

If you're using it, please say which version and some of your first, immediate impressions, good, bad or otherwise.

Thanks!

I'm not using it, and right now I plan to avoid getting it. Vista deletes programs from your PC that it deems unworthy :eek:

You'll have to pry XP Pro out of my cold dead hands :P

I'm still using Win2K. I plan to upgrade soon. Do I need XP Pro ?

You'll have to pry XP Pro out of my cold dead hands :P

I'm still using Win2K. I plan to upgrade soon. Do I need XP Pro ?

only if you'd like to have a working version of windows :P

YES I'd suggest you get XP Pro ;)

NeO

I don't have any plans on getting it. However, I might have to get that instead of the xp if and when I get done building my other computer. Will have to put some type of OS on it.

I'm not planning on upgrading either. The only way I'll get Vista is when I buy a new PC. If I get courageous I might drop PC all together and jump on the Mac bandwagon.

A few things are delaying my migration toward the upgrade, but I'm not avoiding it per se, only temporarily. Foremost, like with a new model car or engine, it's always best to let the first line roll out and then see what recalls result it seems.

The OS otherwise seems to have promise, especially in the security sector, despite the fun that Apple (Mac) is having with it in its commercials - which are rather cute by the way.

I currently run XP Media 2005 and I'm content, but more over, like most I'm resistant to change, especially in the old adage or sense that this isn't broken, why change it and further; being creatures of habit we're simply not apt for change without necessity.

Beyond the better integrated security features, I've read some other positive and objective reviews but yet no one seems to be running it ..... ?

I'm running Mac OS X 10.4 on two Macintosh computers (iMac G5 and G5 Tower)... at home, I've got a Compaq Pentium III 1GHz running Windows 2000 Pro.... no need for Vista just yet... I'll give it a year or so. Let all you guys work out the bugs :)

I don't see how a program can not be put out on the market and have it bug free. Apple seems to do this type of programs all the time.

Guest Desert Rose 702

Glad this question was posted. Tony and I have been talking about Vista but according to what is being said here, we won't be getting it. ;)

Glad this question was posted. Tony and I have been talking about Vista but according to what is being said here, we won't be getting it. ;)

I saw it in BestBuy yesterday. I think it was 200 or something just to upgrade.

ok this thread is a little old now and I would like to know who has upgraded and how is Vista working out. I am thinking about doing the upgrade but rather have some more feedback first. So if you would please state why and why not you like the Vista.

Microsoft released some numbers last month... that said they were at about 10% of projected growth for the launch....

I guess it's not just me...

LOL

NeO

Guest Desert Rose 702

Watching this thread to see when NeO or any of the other techie experts whose opinion I respect goes for it! And gives us a good report! :tongue:

Watching this thread to see when NeO or any of the other techie experts whose opinion I respect goes for it! And gives us a good report! :tongue:

Yup thats what I'm doing too!

Like I said earlier... you'll have to pry xp from my cold dead hands :D

so don't hold your breath on my account ;)

NeO

I plan on waiting a year to see where it stands and go from there. If big business is not going to use it, I will not either.