Web Marketing Help Forum
wrmineo

Education Resource Exchange Site

I bought a domain a few months back, simply because I liked the way it played out with the name and TLD: collegecamp.us for college campus, but I'm still not fully sure what I'll do with it. I have lots of random thoughts, but want to develop a good model before getting in too deep with it to avoid confusion, reworks, redesigns, etc.

What are some items that you think would bode well online?

I am specifically avoiding the 'myspace' type site as I don't want an out of control free for all, but I wouldn't mind putting something together that would be popular with the myspace demographic. If that makes any sense.

Any and all ideas welcome.

Thanks!

College campus stuff, such as pizza places, software places, a place to chat, bus schedule, what food places are close, things that are happening on campus, different house frat's, things done on campus, sports.

You have a lot of areas you can go after. It all depends on what area you want to go after or if you want to go for it all. Might start with one area and see how that goes and start to branch off as you go.

How is this coming along, wrmineo?

Slowly as are most things for me these days, but it is definitely still on the near-term project board!

College campus stuff, such as pizza places, software places, a place to chat, bus schedule, what food places are close, things that are happening on campus, different house frat's, things done on campus, sports.

I like yourweb's idea... a website catering to college students. How about stuff for college students that they can do "on the cheap"... y'know, buy a point of pizza for 99 cents, cheap dollar movie theatres, recycled clothing stores, free concerts and events... stuff like that.

David :tup:

You proabably would have to get a domain for each college you wanted this done on.

Rob is your idea for a blanket type of site that would cover all colleges?

Great domain name, nice template.. (is this a standard template?)

- A few suggestions for the homepage..

- quick links to the seperate collage channels: teaching/resource, campus life, how to spend the summer, annual events, merchandise.

I would put up big images with the channels with some text, and put up the news section below that.

Nice looking, keep it up!

I may sound like a bit of a pig after my idea... but then... you were looking to make money right?

Hmmmm College Campus... (mean's all of these girls are of Legal age) oh and by girls I mean College girls... those that after a few cocktails are usually drunk enough to embarrass their Dad's by appearing on the Girls gone wild collection of videos :D

Personally I think that something like a hotty t shirt contest (for your site) and some local ads for (places to buy kegs and pizza) would do pretty well :) and maybe contact the a few of the colleges newspaper staff and see if a few of them would like to freelance articles on your site for free! :)

plain and simple... Sex sells (you saw that with the building of Fresh Dames) it wasn't Fresh Dudes that brought in the massive traffic was it? nope...

so oink oink baby... lets see some college girls :)

NeO

I was saving this for last but Ne0 beat me to it. Was going to wait until a few more others posted things. Ne0 has it right with this one.

How about an alebris affiliate program for those that actually want to do some studying in between looking at those girls? LOL.

Brian.

College is about studying too?

Thanks for all of the feedback thus far - please keep it going ... eventually, I'll get around to doing something with the site.

The hotty pics, if any, would be a portion of the site, but not the focus - however, it would likely be a huge draw ;)