Web Marketing Help Forum
JASPER

Check your content stays unique!

Muaz what kind of post is this? If you got a question, than post it. No one will pm you for this type of post. You don't ask anything except to ask users to pm you. So kind of info or questions do you have? Post them.

I am amazed how many views this post has had.

It just goes to show how passionate we all are to keep our content unique. that said I cannot remember the last time I ran a few of my pages through copyscape. i just dont get the time these days.

I know it has been a while since this thread has been posted on, and surely everyone is familiar with copyscape by now, but I wanted to ask a question. With RSS feeds being syndicated everywhere and with the freedom to post anyone's rss anywhere that you want is copyscape still a factor? I guess my real question is how much of the content on the internet do you think is unique these days?

Well I am sure that there are plenty of active sites with one hundred percent fresh content out there, but I am sure the number is declining as you say Jeff. The biggest problem with the concept behind copyscape to me is, well what do you do if you do find a site copying you?

Well you can contact the webmaster, get mad or even make it a legal matter if you are so inclined; none of these really have much impact and after all what do you plan on getting out of an ordeal like this besides plain old frustrated. The point is that it really does not make a difference, this is one of those situations where you just got to be the "better man" and keep writing original and unique stuff, that is the only way to make yourself stand out on the net.

I got into another rank on the duplicated content thing on another site, so I have copied and pasted it below feel free to see if copyscape catches this one if you like.

I do not currently use this one, I would consider it for any site that does niche product reviews and then throw in some affiliate stuff in between. However, don't be confused the web is build on duplicate content. I mean even the biggest of the big, constantly quote each other and "share" content from one another. I don't see Google throwing down a google slap on cnet, ngadget, mashable or any of the other countless huge sites that make a common practice of using "duplicate content."

Now if you build a complete site on duplicate content of a single source, you may not get much Google juice, but I have seen many an rss feed blended to make for a high ranking site all the same.

Just my 2 cents and again, I have not used this one yet, so I really can't comment on it.