Web Marketing Help Forum
Padawan

Looking for friends on Stumbleupon

Fot those that don't already know, Stumbleupon.com is a social bookmarking site where users can make friends and "stumble upon" sites they like across the internet.

Similar in some ways to the likes of del.icio.us, it allows us humans to give out our own rankings to the sites we find and then gives it's user base the option of looking through the pool, with the most voted for sites appearing first within their respective categories.

Of course there is also the social side to it as well, hence my asking for more people to sign up and add themselves as my friends. It would be good to see some familiar faces on there!

My stumbleupon name is - http://nengwe.stumbleupon.com - come and join me and the other groups for webmasters and other interest groups.

• Like 1

Fot those that don't already know' date=' Stumbleupon.com is a social bookmarking site where users can make friends and "stumble upon" sites they like across the internet.

Similar in some ways to the likes of del.icio.us, it allows us humans to give out our own rankings to the sites we find and then gives it's user base the option of looking through the pool, with the most voted for sites appearing first within their respective categories.

Of course there is also the social side to it as well, hence my asking for more people to sign up and add themselves as my friends. It would be good to see some familiar faces on there!

My stumbleupon name is - http://nengwe.stumbleupon.com - come and join me and the other groups for webmasters and other interest groups.[/quote']

Would it be safe to say it is something along the lines of myspace?

Guest Desert Rose 702

"Nengwe"? Are you going Ninja? I don't usually get into trendy things but I'll check this out and see if there is anything there for me. At any rate, I'll sign up as your friend. :)

"Nengwe"? Are you going Ninja? I don't usually get into trendy things but I'll check this out and see if there is anything there for me. At any rate, I'll sign up as your friend. :)
Going "ninja"?

Am I tired and not understanding or is that some strange Americanism because i have no idea what that means :confused: :)

As an aside, by having a few friends on there and having my sites "stumbled" by them and others, I have received 77 visitors to one in the last 5 hours alone :)

Guest Desert Rose 702
Going "ninja"?

Am I tired and not understanding or is that some strange Americanism because i have no idea what that means :confused: :)

As an aside' date=' by having a few friends on there and having my sites "stumbled" by them and others, I have received 77 visitors to one in the last 5 hours alone :)[/quote']

That name and your photo on the site looks like that of a Ninja. :tongue: Unless Nengwe has a very common meaning in UK that I don't understand.

We sure do rumblepup. It's a highly efficient means of marketing and attracting visitors to a site. It may not be targeted traffic but the numbers can be huge and bring other benefits... a new thread from me will be coming soon!!

At this rate I'll be the most popular guy on the internets in no time!!!

:D

Thanks for the add! that's worth some rep ;)

Added you as a friend.

We need to start a thread on social bookmarking.

Sounds like a GREAT thread for you to start Robert! (it might even become a sticky) ;)

Now for the rest of you here on TWT... WHY HAVE YOU NOT SIGNED UP YET?

Here's a quick checklist... if you answer YES to atleast 3 of these questions... you should sign up today!

1.) Do you own a website?

2.) Do you want MORE traffic?

3.) Do you think that social bookmarking is important?

4.) Do you want more sales?

5.) Do you think that more traffic would increase your sales?

6.) Do you like your fellow TWT members?

7.) Do you want to make money?

8.) Do you breathe air?

okay remember just 3 or more Yes' and you should be signing up... when your done... just re-visit this thread and post your username / URL to your Stumbleupon acct and we'll add you!

NeO

That's it... what whatifind said :)

have fun with it... I stumble at least 15 pages a day... when I have the time...

WHOM ELSE answered yes to 3 or more of the questions?

NeO

sure I get some traffic...

it's not really about getting traffic though... it's a social bookmarking site...

social=your friends (ppl here on TWT) and bookmarking=sites worth looking at

it's a neat site and you can find lots of great sites that you might not have otherwise...

NeO

Well I finally got on there also. However I don't have a clue as to where I am on there. Still looking things over. Like my handle here yourweb on there also.

you'll get used to if you spend a little time in there. When you visit someone's page you'll notice on the right hand side a button that says add as friend. Click that link to become a friend. So, visit the links that were provided in this thread and add them as friends.