Web Marketing Help Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tony025

Web cams

Hey everyone, I am wanting to buy a good web cam but I don't know where to start. I bought a Logitech QuickCam with a 640x480 pixels Video frame rate up to 30 frames. I had to take it back it was junk!

Thanks

Tony

Do you have a digital video camera? I used my DV camera and connected it with a firewire. It's much better than a webcam.

No, I don't have one of those. I bet that is much better than a webcam! I just want a good webcam thats all.

• Like 1

Ahhhh but that crappy little logitech comes with some expensive software hidden on it if you know what your doing with it :D The exact same compression software would cost ya about 140$ ;)

Intel makes a great set of webcams.... go and check out ebay!

NeO

I am trying to stay in a price of 50-100 if I can. I really don't know about frame rates but assume higher is better! I just set up two webcams at work one is a samsung anycam and the other is a iConcepts mini webcam and so far they are great but I also have a great pc to back them up. I really like the Samsung but the guy bought it 6 years ago in Korea! I'm going to go buy a new USB card with a 2.0 on it. I think that will help speed the transfer rate up some.

The Logitech cams are quite good and reasonably priced. My buddy over at WeedMedia.com demo'd one for me shortly before his big trip with Magnatune's founder. Some of the software features are quite nifty. :)

-Crim

I went the other day and bought me another webcam. This time I bought the 98067 MiniCam Pro manufactured by jasco. It's an ok cam with 30 frame rate, but I bought a high speed 2.0 usb card and that did help it speed up some. It will do a lot better once I get my new motherboard!

After all this talk about better frame rates etc... I found my users manual for my Samsung Digimax 5 megapixel camera... in record mode I can record my podcasts and upload them to the PC very quickly and effortlessly :)

Something to think about! Seeing as most people need a digi cam anyways... why not get one that has webcam capabilities as well?

NeO

After all this talk about better frame rates etc... I found my users manual for my Samsung Digimax 5 megapixel camera... in record mode I can record my podcasts and upload them to the PC very quickly and effortlessly :)

Something to think about! Seeing as most people need a digi cam anyways... why not get one that has webcam capabilities as well?

NeO

You know what NeO thats not a bad idea but is the webcam any good with the digi cam? 5 megapixel is an excellent cam, mine is only around 3 and it is great. What aggravates me is that people will go to Wal Mart and buy these digi cams around $50.00 and they are junk. I always tell them not to buy them especially my step dad. If you want a good cam with quallity pics get at least a 3 megapixel or higher. You will spend around $130.00 and up but it's well worth it. In my opinion Hewlett Packard carries a great line of Digi Cams and Printers but no pc, I hate HP computers!

Can't go wrong with a Creative :)

I was just checking out Creative and they look like they have a great selection to choose from. Thanks!!

I was just checking out Creative[/b'] and they look like they have a great selection to choose from. Thanks!!

Yeah their top notch!

I've got a Creative WebCam Live! - Very good for the money.. :cool:

You can use you digital camera instead of a web cam. It fuctions better than the web cam. Just check out what's the latest web cam available from logitech. Logitech is a good company. you can buy web cam from them