Web Marketing Help Forum
NeO

MSN & Yahoo to beat Google?

Well it looks like the war for Search Engine Domination is on!

a few hours away from where I sit right now - Quincy Washington officials have signed a 1 million dollar contract with Bill Gates for 3 - 450,000 square foot server houses for storing our web-pages ;) The first million sf to be completed by early April '07! This is only the start... Yahoo has been visiting for the last 2 months now and is rumored to start construction on their own massive server storage centers!

The reasoning is simple: cheap land + cheap electricity = Yahoo & MSN are moving in to try and take a stake of Google's online share of Search!

oh yeah electricity is the cheapest in the USA because of the Grand Coulee Damn ;) Watch the property values SOAR & by soar I mean watch me struggle to buy a house now :(

will be interesting to see what happens... I'll no doubt blog about it when it becomes a signed deal ;)

NeO

Sweetness. I wanna quit my day job and watch this thing get built now... but that's not going to put the kids through college.

Brian.

There's rumors that a 'live' webcam will be up and running soon to track the progress....

reminds me of the first time NeO saw the fields of humans being produced for energy :D

except these will all be machines....

I'll give ya odds that Yahoo and MSN together won't get remotly close to Google. :eusa_danc

I think it's too late, they sat back and watched too long. :)

People would have said the same about Google when AltaVista was king. Nobody can predict who will be the leader in 5 - 10 years. After all, 5 years ago we were just getting to really know who Goolge was... now we can't imagine life without them.

Brian.

I'd say that http://www.zippy.co.uk has a great chance of becoming a contender! GREAT INFO and great find btw Brian ;)

And when I said bigger than Google I meant in size... those server farms are going to be MASSIVE and bigger than anything Google has in any one place!

NeO

Yeah... DaveN really outdid himself with that... but it's a meta engine, so it's more of a webmaster tool than an actual engine. It only feeds from the other engines, which is why it seems slow. But the domain info is awesome.

Brian.

If it's anyone one..I hope it's Zippy...Did a few manufacturers search and were plastered all over the top results.

Well... it was created by one of the best known spammers on the planet, so what's that say about your site? LOL.

I guess that means you're the most consistent across the engines based on his algo. Well done.

Brian.

Well... it was created by one of the best known spammers on the planet, so what's that say about your site? LOL.

Now that was just plain cold natured. :rotfl:

in defence...were also on the first page for the same key words in Google, Yahoo and MSN..so it only says it's not using it's own database...but someone elses. ;)

Yes... zippy pulls from all 3 and then figures what's most consistent. It makes for a tougher job spamming than any single engine... I just had to give you a hard time. :)

Brian.

Your bananna is doing indecent things... make it stop - make it stop. Oh, the horror!

I've been using Zippy to see which of our competitors (not too many) are doing everything right and not just concentrating on one engine or the other. Very eye opening. :D

Brian.

Well to stick w/ the thread title...

Doesn't look like MSN or Yahoo will ever catch up now!

MSN should have forked over the $$$ to buy Youtube! this just places BigDaddy too far ahead of the pack... makes one wonder? is there even a race, anymore?

NeO

I dont think that will happen in near future. Even if both of them merge its impossible to beat google. Google is the king of search engine. Also many people prefer google over msn and yahoo.

Google is the best search engine in the world and no one can beat Google in the nearest future. I think most of the people in the world are using Google as a search engine.