Web Marketing Help Forum
NeO

Hijacked?

I can't believe I haven't posted this yet... So I'll do it now!

HiJackThis is a program that was written by Tom Coyote - and it is one of the greatest tools I've ever had the privilege to use. I use my neo-1 site to mirror the download http://www.neo-1.com/hijackthis.zip

BHO's are Browser Helper Objects - this is the most common way to hijack a system - if you have pop ups and your blockers are not stopping them... or your running spysweeper and you still have spyware, malware & scumware on your pc... then this is what you need!

How to use Hi Jack This:

1. Download HJT - I have a Mirror download available HERE

2. Unzip HiJackThis - If you don't have winzip or winrar Download it HERE

3. Do a system scan and save a logfile - This is the first option at the very top of the page that opens (see screen shot below)

4. Start a new post in this thread with HJT in the title - (and attach your logfile as an attachment) * Your log file is the notepad file that opens up simply go to file ==> Save As (blablabla.txt) then use the forums attach a file / manage attachments feature to attach your logfile to your new post.

5. Wait for a response from someone here that has an IT background or understands HJT well! Never delete anything unless YOU feel safe doing so!

Do not copy and paste your log file into the post... it will be deleted... (this is due to a problem with the Search Engines picking these up)

Hope this helps some of you!

NeO

Guest Desert Rose 702

Thanks NeO. Yet another highly useful tool for the rest of us. :)

I put it cause I wasn't here when your pc went down Terri... :( Sorry again about that... Zap knows how to do the logs too... he and I do them over at another forum :)

NeO

Hey Neo,

Great post, since I have recently ran into a few homepage hijacks that even hijack this can not get rid of I thought I would post my triumph here possibly to help others that have the same plait.

are you having some problem with a Russian Trojan maybe zlob or a variation of? well here is a not quick at all fix to your problem...... hopefully, I should say it worked for me.

I tend to frequent a site called http://www.majorgeeks.com/ yea I know what ever so I am a geek.

OK back to your solution here is a link to a program called Hitman Pro 2

It is a program that you can install on your computer and it will do all the work, you just install it and watch it install and update about 5 or 6 programs and it will install, update and run all of them.

You know how one program is better than another for certain things, like what spybot misses you can pick up with adware?..... Well that is the approach the creator M. Loman te Almelo of Hitman Pro 2 took when he created this program.

The new version (the one I have posted here) is set up for users that do not have great skill in choosing and running anti-spy-ware and hijack software (For those of you who's ego got bruised with that last statement get over yourself would you rather be an expert or do you want your computer fixed?) , it will chose the programs and install and run them for you. so you just sit back and tell your anti-virus program to let it do it's thing.

I.E. PC-Cillin will continually let you know it is making changes that are suspicious, you just keep telling it everything will be OK by clicking the allow this button and with any luck you will be happily surprised as i was to see you got rid of your problem and quite a few more you did not even know you had on your computer.

Let me say I am not the computer guru here so if you are having a problem with your PC I am not the guy to PM =) but I hope this helps some of you out there to find a solution to your PC woes.

• Like 1

Comdial... sorry I didn't get your logfile... you should just email it to me... the .txt file ;) you have my email addy ;)

NeO