Web Marketing Help Forum
Fabio Cuffaro

Remove semalt.semalt.com Referral From Google Analytics

Is semalt.semalt.com coming in as a referral in your Google Analytics? Semalt.com claims that they are a professional webmaster analytics tool. I have never used their services, but what I have mainly read is how people are frustrated that their "spider" comes in as a referral in the Google Analytics account. The problem with semalt coming in as a referral is that it will messes with your Analytics stats, especially for sites that don't get a lot of traffic.  I had looked around for solutions using php scripts or adding code to .htaccess and then finally I came across a very easy solution. Tell them to stop crawling your site.

To stop semalt from coming in as a referral, all you have to do is add your site to their exclusion list here http://semalt.com/project_crawler.php. I was skeptical when I first tried it, but it actually works. No more referrals. 

• Like 1

I’ve added our website in the exclusion list by using source link you’ve provided, but I am still seeing a small amount of referral traffic from them in Google Analytics. Though, as compared to the previous months, it’s very low, 26 this month.