Web Marketing Help Forum
Climaxy

Need comments on returning visits rates for All-in-one Search Engine : Googlebye.com.

Hi guys:

This site ( Googlebye.com ) is mainly a Search Engine with results coming from Google, Bing and Yahoo. It can also be used as a SEO ranking checking tool.

The idea behind this site comes from that I don’t like searching many times on different search engines. 

After much hard promotion, I got some traffic to this site. However the returning visits rates keeps a low level of 20%. That means most visitors won’t come back.

I’m quite confused about it so I get to here for your valuable comments like:

Where should I improve for this site ?

Do you feel any obstacles when using it ?

Do you think this type of sites could be a alternate when searching ?

Of course welcome comments not limited to above.

Site: Googlebye.com

Sincerely.

Thanks in advance.

I used IE9 to view the site.

1. Defaults to Bing search box when I arrived in the middle of the page.  Had to scroll up to see what is at the top.
  2. You are framing the results pages.  Bing and Yahoo results are cut off on the right.
  3. When I clicked a result in Google, if they have broken out of frames, the page you tried to access appears but you can't use the back button to get back.
  4. The Bing results stay in the frame but right cutoff.
  5. Yahoo results open a new tab.

I think you are going to have a usability problem with the way it is set up.

• Like 1

I used IE9 to view the site.

1. Defaults to Bing search box when I arrived in the middle of the page.  Had to scroll up to see what is at the top.
  2. You are framing the results pages.  Bing and Yahoo results are cut off on the right.
  3. When I clicked a result in Google, if they have broken out of frames, the page you tried to access appears but you can't use the back button to get back.
  4. The Bing results stay in the frame but right cutoff.
  5. Yahoo results open a new tab.

I think you are going to have a usability problem with the way it is set up.

Hi WiseWebmaster:

Thanks for your review and time on my web. And say sorry for replying so late because Im doing some improvements for this web these days.

For the point 1 and 3, this web works well on Firefox and IE10. Anyway I need a environment to test in IE9.

For the point 2, I cant avoid it. But I adjust the site to only display Google and Bing when a visitors come here at the first time. So Bing can display without results cut off. I think most people dont need three engines and Yahoo is the same with Bing.

For the point 5, by testing I make sure one can make setting in Yahoo to decide if he need a new tab or still the old one.

These days Iv made some improvement including:

* Added results from Duckduckgo. Now 4 engines included: Google, Bing, Yahoo and Duckduckgo;

* Turning pages of results;

* Shortcuts of Scrolling to Top and Scrolling to Next Page;

* Search box fixed when scrolling.

* Only two biggest engines displayed when visited for the first time.(So horizontal scrolling disappears.)

I think the usability should get better and would appreciate your further dropping in and reviews.

Point #3 has nothing to do with what browser the user is using. 

Even though Yahoo! is fed data from Bing, the results for a search are not always the same.  Did ya hear that Yahoo! beat out the others for visits recently?

You still have to fix that the cursor is in your search box, not Bing's, when the user arrives.

Still needs some work:

1. You offer 4 search engines but the user can only choose 3 at a time.  There is no note saying this.
  2. If I choose 3 search engines, put in my search, it only displays Google and Bing (your defaults).
  • Like 1