Web Marketing Help Forum
JASPER

Is this for real or a hoax?

I receive this e mail today which at first was quite alarming.

Then I realised that my Domain name is registered until 2020 and so I don't know what this firm hope to achieve.

It would appear to be spam for a domain registration company/SEO service in Asia, certainly NOT the "department of registration" as they claim!

Has it really come to this? 

Has anyone else had anything similar?

(If you are not the person who is in charge of this, please forward to the right person/ department, as this is urgent, thank you.)

Dear Director, 

We are the department of registration service in Asia. Currently, we have a urgent issue needing to confirm with your company.

On July 1, 2013, we received an application formally. One company named "Deek Management Group" wanted to apply for the Brand Name "brand-newhomes" and some domain names through our body.

After our initial checking, we found the Brand name and domain names being applied are as same as your company! So we have to confirm with you at two points:
1. If the aforementioned company is your business partner or your subsidiary, please DO NOT reply us, we will approve the application automatically.
2. If your company have nothing to do with the aforementioned company, they maybe have other purposes to register the Brand name and domain names.

Currently, we have postponed this application of this company temporarily already. In order to deal with this issue better, please let the responsible officer contact us as soon as possible.

Edited by WiseWebmaster

Yes it is a hoax/fraud.  Unless you intend to do business in Asia you have nothing to worry about.  It has been going on for years.

If you do want to do business in Asia then find your own legit domain registar.

Thanks for confirming WW.

I am amazed it has taken them 7 years to e mail me!