Web Marketing Help Forum
Fabio Cuffaro

Microsoft's Doomsday Scenario

Interesting article on Microsoft and how it's being eroded on many sides, especially on the PC side of things. Apple is changing how things work and seems to be tipping the scale with it's lineup of products, mainly with the iPhone and iPad.

Other than my PCs and Microsoft Outlook, I don't have any other products from them. I've been using Open Office for years and I'm actually considering moving to Mac for my next computer seeing that Windows 8 seems to be a flop.

Have you lost interest in Microsoft products?

Almost one year ago today, we laid out the nightmare scenario for Microsoft (MSFT) that could lead to its business collapsing. After laying it all out, we concluded, "Fortunately for Microsoft, none of this is going to happen."

We were wrong.

A lot changed in the last year. Microsoft's nightmare scenario is actually starting to take hold. We're revisiting our slideshow from last year to see how things have played out.

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/steve-ballmer-s-nightmare-is-coming-true-181558610.html

I haven't bought anything Microsoft other than 2 PCs with Win 7 in years. That being said, don't know how people can work all day on Apple gadgets. My back kills me after just a couple hours using my laptop for serious work. Plus, did you notice that there are all kinds of addon gadgets coming available to make working on these portable gadgets like working on a PC?

Plus, did you notice that there are all kinds of addon gadgets coming available to make working on these portable gadgets like working on a PC?

I have. I was working off of a laptop for nearly two years and then earlier this year went back to using a dual monitor desktop set up. I like the size and the set up. I have a BlackBerry Playbook, but I have a hard time being productive with it. There's lots that I do with it, but not nearly as much as with my desktop.