Web Marketing Help Forum
WiseWebmaster

Your About Page Is NOT About You!

It's a lazy rainy Friday so I was Stumbling and found this: Your About Page Is NOT About You!

The purpose of an About page is to let people know what you have to offer them as well helping them to learn more about you, in that order of importance. Let’s face it folks, at the end of the day when people visit your site, what they really want to know is, what is it you do that can help them in some way.

What do you think? Is the author spot on?

Lorelle from Lorelle on Wordpress has a new post regarding your about page: Prove It: It’s Starts With Defining Who You Are

Every word matters. It isn’t just about spelling and grammar but every pixel that forms every letter to make words which create sentences and paragraphs. They paint a picture of you. You leave blanks in the picture, people fill them in with their imagination. Let them fill it in with facts not fiction.

I agree all the way.

My company provides....

This site has ......

Get your ......

Free .......

Are some good ways to start of in most cases, but you get the idea.

• Like 1

I totally agree with this, every site's about page should always be direct to the point. Its a way of letting your readers know that you are genuine.

There is no reason to say any lies as in the end it still boils to how you serve your customers or how you delivered information that they should be aware of.

Krystal