Web Marketing Help Forum
JASPER

Forum Topics Relevancy

Most websites serve a niche or interest. If a forum is limited to this then it will take a long time growing.

Most Forums have a "general" section Massive Links had the famous "LOUNGE" here all topics will not be relevant to the main website's content.

Is there any disadvantage from a serps or SEO point of view, of hosting "off topic" sections and threads on a Forum.

I am of the opinion that the more diverse the topics and threads, the more members are likely to be attracted and the better the chances of a full "community" with varied interests and knowledge base can be formed.

Most Forums have a "general" section Massive Links had the famous "LOUNGE" here all topics will not be relevant to the main website's content.

Is there any disadvantage from a serps or SEO point of view, of hosting "off topic" sections and threads on a Forum.

The only thing I can think of is that your off topic section is too busy and you are not getting enough on topic threads and conversation going in the other areas where you want to be found in the search results for.

The only thing I can think of is that your off topic section is too busy and you are not getting enough on topic threads and conversation going in the other areas where you want to be found in the search results for.

Not a problem for me! I found a lot of my favourites sites whilst looking for something else!

The more diverse the topics the greater the net is cast?