Web Marketing Help Forum
JASPER

Advantages of having a forum

Having looked at a few forum's statistics recently, some that were only three years old are getting over 110,000 page views a month.

Given Adsense suggest a 2% click through rate - this would give the forum owner 2,200 clicks. A nice revenue stream. This Forum had 8608 posts on 2251 topics and 1421 members.

If you keep the forum on your main website url this will generate lots of traffic to your domain resulting in higher ranking in search engines?

Traffic specifically doesn't affect your search rankings. That being said if traffic from your forum to your main site results in them spreading the word for you about the main site, it ultimately would help the main site through incoming links.

Have you thought of incorporating your own ads into the forum typical layout?

Sticky threads pointing to sections of your main site with detailed information related to the forum category section? Kind of a "Read this first" idea?

Traffic specifically doesn't affect your search rankings. That being said if traffic from your forum to your main site results in them spreading the word for you about the main site, it ultimately would help the main site through incoming links.

Have you thought of incorporating your own ads into the forum typical layout?

Sticky threads pointing to sections of your main site with detailed information related to the forum category section? Kind of a "Read this first" idea?

Yes I had thought of that and my intention was to point members to answers in the main site via anchor links to headings etc.

I found the more hits a page gets, the higher it gets in serps - which results in more hits etc etc.