Web Marketing Help Forum
JASPER

HI What is it?

I have found after doing a SEO analysis of my site www.brand-newhomes.co.uk that I do not have any keywords in the H1 main heading.

Can someone look at my head code and tell me where H1 is and how to put something in there.

I have a title, description and keywords

You do not have an H1 by default in code, you have to put it there via your html editor.

You could simply change:

><P class="Body-Text-20-P"><span class="Body-Text-20-C0">Before you buy a new home</span></P>

to

><h1>Before Buying a New Home</h1>

in your current code to accomplish your goal.

I have done this thanks for the advice.

But sorry for my ignorance, but is the H1 (and H2 H3 for that matter) only relevant for the Home Page?

I have done this thanks for the advice.

But sorry for my ignorance, but is the H1 (and H2 H3 for that matter) only relevant for the Home Page?

No. You use them on each page of your site.

You use the heading tags to create proper reading structure, like in a book.

H1 would be the page name.

H2 would be subheadings.

H3 would be a subheading under the H2 section.

etc.

It's best to have 1 H1 heading per page. You can have multiple H2 and the others if nested properly.

Reading this from Google would help you understand (plus it has other SEO information in it) Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide (opens PDF) You can also read through this: Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Not to say only optimize for Google. But they do have a lot of useful information in the Webmaster Central section.

Edited by WiseWebmaster

Thanbks for that.

I started putting the H1 in on inside pages yesterday and have also used H2 h3 etc on some to see what happens.