Web Marketing Help Forum
Fabio Cuffaro

Upgraded to Latest Forum Software

The forum was just recently updated to the latest forum software. If you come across any issues please report them here.

Here are some of the new features for the latest update:

Link Sharing

Easily share links to Facebook, Twitter, and more.

Status Updates

Enhancements to the existing member status system. You can now reply to the updates

Topic Preview

Preview the first few lines of a topic without loading the entire topic.

Twitter Integration

Members can now link their account with their Twitter account!

Profile Customizations:

Members can customize the look and feel of their profile page.

I also wanted to point out that the original search was replaced with Google Custom search because the search utility was weak. They've made improvements for the latest software update. Please let me know if you prefer this search or the Google Custom search.

You've been very busy! I love Twitter. I am glad to see this option here. I'll have to play around my profile now after I get some sleep and see what all I can do with it. I really do like the link sharing :)

The latest forum software should bring satisfaction to all the forum members. Linking the account with the member's twitter account is fine. Interactions will be on the rise due to this. Good. Massivelinks has been advancing on all fronts!

Suggestion: Can you change the From: to Massivelinks Forum instead of Webmaster Forum in the email notifications?

Done! All notifications should now be From: Massive Links Forum

Just a note concerning logging in with Facebook or Twitter. When you log in using either it creates a new account. You can't merge your existing account with either Twitter or Facebook.

I really like the topic previews, showing first and last post. Also the social media linking integration looks great and will really make it easy to share links.

I was using this software too.

There was an issue in the ACP when it came to trash Can i think, it ended up 404ing all of my pages and i had to try and reinstall a backup because of it. I reported it to IPB but no response as of yet..

Not sure if this is a new glitch or something that was a problem before:

The multiquote doesn't seem to work as intended. Just tried it and when I got to the last reply I wanted to include, it wiped out the couple selected to be included.

The multiquote doesn't seem to work as intended. Just tried it and when I got to the last reply I wanted to include, it wiped out the couple selected to be included.

Never had that problem tbh,

Might have been due to your browser or lagg perhaps?

I just added four and it works well. Try it with another browser to see if the same error occurs.

is it really useful? :rolleyes:

I was using this software too.

There was an issue in the ACP when it came to trash Can i think, it ended up 404ing all of my pages and i had to try and reinstall a backup because of it. I reported it to IPB but no response as of yet..

Not sure if this is a new glitch or something that was a problem before:

Never had that problem tbh,

Might have been due to your browser or lagg perhaps?

I'm loving the Twitter integration. The forum is certainly coming along nicely!

What Twitter integration are you talking about? I still haven't enabled it.

What is multiquote option in the forum post Fabio sir? How to use it and what for? What is the purpose of multiquote use?

Hi Fabio, I have a suggestion. Do place a Rate button to rate posts according to significance and how the members find the posts and/ or replies relevant to the topic being discussed. :)

There is a rate function for each thread. You can see it at the top right of the thread. You can also rate each post by clicking the +/-

hi

SMF is written in the popular language PHP and uses a MySQL database. It is designed to provide you with all the features you need from a bulletin board while having an absolute minimal impact on the resources of the server. SMF is the next generation of forum software - and best of all it is and will always remain completely free!

Edited by DjKrypto
Fake sig removed

What is multiquote option in the forum post Fabio sir? How to use it and what for? What is the purpose of multiquote use?

Multiquote allows you to reply to more that one post at a time. Just like I have replied to you and another user in this post.

multiquote button is located near the reply button, just click on mutiquote and then add reply.

hi

SMF is written in the popular language PHP and uses a MySQL database. It is designed to provide you with all the features you need from a bulletin board while having an absolute minimal impact on the resources of the server. SMF is the next generation of forum software - and best of all it is and will always remain completely free!

Massive Links does not use SMF, instead we use Invasion Power board... and also please stop spamming and putting in fake sigs, it wont help you in any way.