Web Marketing Help Forum

I just installed a new chat room for the community to test how well it works - meaning how interested the members are in using it. This version of the chat room is a trial version and only allows five members at one time to be in the chat room. If I see that there is greater interest in the chat room I will upgrade it to allow more members in the room.

You can access the chat room by clicking "Chat" in the menu or by clicking here http://forum.massivelinks.com/index.php?app=ipchat

If you have any opinions or feedback don't hesitate to post them here.

Enjoy!

Looks good, but isnt this similar to the shoutbox that was there?

Anyway hope many members start using it.

We'll also have to lay down some rules to prevent abuse.

Looks good, but isnt this similar to the shoutbox that was there?

Similar but not the same. The chat works in real time whereas the Shout Box had a delay, plus the Shout Box used AJAX to update the posts. Which meant that every three seconds or whatever time was set you would see a little notification at the top if your browser and then the page refreshed.

I do not think that you need to have forum only or chat only. I do not think that is good to combine them

It's about community. The chatroom simply offers a different experience.

I think the software looks great, as for how often members will use it only time will tell. Maybe an ongoing contest that has to do with activity there or waiting for a certain word or phrase to be posted may draw some new attention. Other than that is looking solid to me :-)