Web Marketing Help Forum
WiseWebmaster

Social Media Demographics: Who’s Using Which Sites?

Stumbling tonight I came across this infographic on Social Media Demographics.

Numerous social media sites have witnessed explosive growth of their user bases in the last several years, but it’s a known fact that the type of user a site attracts varies greatly. Have you ever wondered which sites attract the most educated of social media users, or those that pull in the highest income? Below we map the demographics of the world’s most popular social media sites.

Read more: http://www.flowtown.com/blog/social-media-demographics-whos-using-which-sites#ixzz0nsVSBaqo

Very interesting infographic. I am probably most surprised by how evenly spread the age ranges of users are on most of the sites. Depending on your sites targeted demo, this type of information could help you focus your social media efforts a little more.

To be frank I never really understood the layout and how they are segregating the demographics. What the color dots mean with each dot saying its 1 percent. I don't know whether its just me but I believe it should have been made much simpler.

Wow great post, interesting to see that myspace has the largest number of 0-17 users and the least educated. No wonder it's filled with musicians, models and generally trashy people!

While we are on the topic of social media demographics and statistics, this site may be of interest to many of you. It is a compilation of over 300 social media statistics in graphs, charts and videos. I am still digging through it myself but there is a ton of information here. And I must admit I am a sucker for infographics!

Social Media Statistics

Nice find WiseWebmaster, really intesresting data.

I am surprised by the number of 18-24 year olds who use facebook. I thought it would be way higher than that, in fact I thought the majority of users were from that age group. I wonder where they got all this data from?

Facebook and orkut are becoming very popular with college students these days. The age group shown by the research studies should be correct. In browsing centers you can find 90 of the college students working on facebook!