Web Marketing Help Forum
WiseWebmaster

What Social Networking Sites Have You Had Sucess On?

What social networking sites have you had good success on other than the typical sites like Facebook, Twitter, and StumbleUpon?

Interested in discussing other less popular social networking sites, possibly niche ones, that have provided you with good leads for sales or just developing a good circle of networking aquaintances.

Some other cool and really effective social bookmarking websites could be like Digg, Reddit and Delicious. The main point is what pieces of information get posted on these sites and how other people plus readers react to them. For example, the socially active webmasters and people who have broad contacts could manage driving traffic to their websites professionally since their writings would receive a lot of bonus points plus comments as well as votes and this means, remaining on the top pages for longer times, and generating traffic.

I've had success with Orkut. I don't do it these days but when I did it brought in a good number of hits. It works best for small targeted websites cause there are many communities for various niches.

I've had success with Orkut. I don't do it these days but when I did it brought in a good number of hits. It works best for small targeted websites cause there are many communities for various niches.

Heard of this but don't know anyone that actually belongs to this. Have questions:

Looking at their demographics page, this seems suited for the 18-30ish age bracket and those from Brazil and India mostly?

Sounds like Communities is sort of like groups in LinkedIn? Are there actual business communities?

Well, the most effective for me would be Twitter. But to tell you honestly, I've only been getting 100 visitors a month to my website just from Twitter. It's not very much and I know I could improve - but I'm not a big fan of social networking..

Heard of this but don't know anyone that actually belongs to this. Have questions:Looking at their demographics page, this seems suited for the 18-30ish age bracket and those from Brazil and India mostly?Sounds like Communities is sort of like groups in LinkedIn? Are there actual business communities?

Yup! Their main target audience is India and Brazil. India being more than Brazil I guess.

I have'nt used LinkedIn so can't comment whether the communities are similar but these are'nt business communities. Usually they are more casual kind of groups.

Yup! Their main target audience is India and Brazil. India being more than Brazil I guess.

I have'nt used LinkedIn so can't comment whether the communities are similar but these are'nt business communities. Usually they are more casual kind of groups.

I have had partial success with mylot.com. They are a steadily growing site. The beauty of mylot lies in the wonderful discussion between members. Open-heart discussions would do a lot of good to the confidence of the marketer.

Hubpages is really fine for generating good traffic. I have been posting in it and getting benefit. Try it and let me know.

[removed]

Edited by WiseWebmaster

Facebook is the best and popular social networking site and it is good for generating huge traffic for my website.