Web Marketing Help Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Blazed

Create Your Own iPhone App

I see a lot of posts here about the iphone and ipad, so I thought there must be some apple enthusiasts here. I found this article when trying to figure out what it really took to put together an app for the Apple Apps Store. So go ahead and check out the article, it does a great job explaining the process from beginning to end, from conception, purchasing the right tools, development and finally submission to the Apps store. Hope you enjoy!

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/08/11/how-to-create-your-first-iphone-application/

Thanks for this information. I am not a big apple enthusiast but I wouldnd mind giving this a shot.

Unfortunately I dont have a lot of time at the moment so ill keep this in the back of my mind.

When I do come up with something, Ill share it here.

I have turned into an Apple enthusiast but believe me, it took a lot of years of wondering what the appeal was. I know that I did become more open to looking at them as a whole when they eventually opened up to the X86 world. If you can make some apps, you can make some money, I have always thought that app development for a platform like this would be something interesting to get into, but I have about zero programming skills, so maybe in my next life.

I have an application for smart phones can do

Do you mean that you are a programmer? If so cool, I have never had the patience for this sort of thing, but I think that the ability to create apps would be profitable and fun if I could just sit down and get into it.

Considering that Apple is a leader in the market of smart phones, it would make sense to develop your own application for the iPhone platform. The Apple App Store has a large variety of apps, most of them are extremely inexpensive, usually around 99¢. Doesn't sound like a lot of money; you just have to think in volume. If there are 8 million iPhones in circulation, and you can capture 1% of the market with your app, then you've got $80,000 in revenue. As the article states, one would have to do their homework... check the competition and the market to see if there is a need for your app; and then plan out your app. Don't expect to make money right off the bat... it'll take some money to get off the ground and get rolling.

And if one doesn't have programming knowledge, no problem. If your idea is a good one, and well thought out, you always have the option to source out the work to an independent programmer or firm.