Web Marketing Help Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Blazed

Picnik Purchased By Goolge

I was reading in another thread here about Sumo Paint application it got me to thinking about the picnic website which is also a great photo editing site, but a little more easy to use and straight forward than Sumo. Apparently Picnik got to good, Google just grabbed them up and is now using them as the featured editor for there popular Picasa Web Albums app too.

Thats no real surprise, Google has become much like Microsoft in the way that they just buy anything that looks useful or might become future competition to them. The Picnik app does look pretty cool and Google never had a real photo editor for there online Picasa service, so I think it was a good buy for them.

Thats no real surprise, Google has become much like Microsoft in the way that they just buy anything that looks useful or might become future competition to them. The Picnik app does look pretty cool and Google never had a real photo editor for there online Picasa service, so I think it was a good buy for them.

Google is a lot like Microsoft the only thing they fail at are the groups. No one had groups like MSN did and the ones that tried to copy them don't go over that great. It sucks that they stopped having groups. I know this isn't the focus of this subject but I couldn't help but to say that after reading that comment. Goes back to my shell now.

Google is a lot like Microsoft the only thing they fail at are the groups. No one had groups like MSN did and the ones that tried to copy them don't go over that great. It sucks that they stopped having groups. I know this isn't the focus of this subject but I couldn't help but to say that after reading that comment. Goes back to my shell now.

I think you and webby are speaking two different languages. He was talking about how Google buys and small company up to get rid of competition and I'm not quite sure what MSN groups have to do with that, but point taken all the same. I have never used anything on the MSN network if I could help it, but I know many who loved their groups as well. I think the yahoo groups popularity may be what squashed the MSN groups out.

I think you and webby are speaking two different languages. He was talking about how Google buys and small company up to get rid of competition and I'm not quite sure what MSN groups have to do with that, but point taken all the same. I have never used anything on the MSN network if I could help it, but I know many who loved their groups as well. I think the yahoo groups popularity may be what squashed the MSN groups out.

Ooops, I think that you might be right lol. I think that MSN just got fed up with having to deal with so many things, not to mention the lawsuits that they had over the groups with illegal graphics and such.

google certainly is buying up all the small profitable and high traffic sites. Thanks for sharing, and good luck to google at trying to manage all their purchases!

Google has the stature and the web personality to buy whatever it wants. It is of course doing very well with its purchases. It has got a great dream fulfilled and to fulfill.

They have seemed to become a little more "evil" now that they are part of the huge telcom industry. They used to fight for consumers in the net neutrality battle, but now they are teamed up with Verizon and could care less about the consumer needs.