Web Marketing Help Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nixwebo

Who Needs Photoshop Anyways? Sumo Paint Is Hot!

I was completely blown away when I started playing with this easy to use Photoshop knockoff. I really should not say it is a knock off, it does have a very similar and familiar layout if you are used to using Photoshop or its free counterpart Gimp, but it has features that are not offered in Photoshop, so it really does stand on its own two legs as far as features go.

The best thing about the Sumo Paint app is that it is not only free, but it runs in your browser too!

This really is one of the most fully featured free graphic apps out there and deserves a look if you like to play with graphics online: http://www.sumopaint.com/home/

I got sucked in and had to check it out, so you can see my sloppy stumbling in the attached image. It makes full use of layers and has some interesting dynamic shape tools that I have not seen on other apps, so understand I am not a graphic artist, just a nerd who like playing with on-line tools, it will all make since when you see what I drew below....lol

post-3350-126808980045.jpg

Good to see a free alternative to Photoshop. I find Photoshop very complicated, so much so that I prefer doing things using MS Paint!

Anyway I will surely try this one out very soon. Hope it can solve some of my graphic design issues.

Good to see a free alternative to Photoshop. I find Photoshop very complicated, so much so that I prefer doing things using MS Paint!

Anyway I will surely try this one out very soon. Hope it can solve some of my graphic design issues.

Well let me know what you are trying to do, I may be able to help or find somebody who can. I am not a graphic wizard by any means but I may be able to point you in the right direction.

This looks like one heck of a graphics editor, online or not I think it is pretty darn useful. It would be nice of they released a stand alone version, but then they would probably start charging for it. Photoshop is nice, but for free this app seems to be pretty amazing!

Great Find!

This is an amazing app especially since it is an online program. I think I will be using this one a lot. There are a lot of graphic editors on the web, but this one really has it all for sure.

Well let me know what you are trying to do, I may be able to help or find somebody who can. I am not a graphic wizard by any means but I may be able to point you in the right direction.

Thanks for that. Ill certainly give you a shout the next time I have trouble with photoshop.

I have heard of a lot of paint programs but I have never heard of this one. Wow. It looks fantastic. I am so glad that you shared this one with us. I wonder are you able to download it on Windows 7?

I have heard of a lot of paint programs but I have never heard of this one. Wow. It looks fantastic. I am so glad that you shared this one with us. I wonder are you able to download it on Windows 7?

I am not sure about downloading, but I can tell you that it runs fine on windows 7 inside the FireFox browser. I just checked it out for the first time and I think it looks pretty darn useful. I don't know if it is a true replacement for PhotoShop, but pretty close if you ask me.

Wow, this is really amazing. I have previously shied away from doing any graphics work myself but with a free application like this I am going to go for it. I certainly wasn't ready to put the money towards something like photoshop when I don't even know if I will be good at it or have the time to put into it.

I am not sure about downloading, but I can tell you that it runs fine on windows 7 inside the FireFox browser. I just checked it out for the first time and I think it looks pretty darn useful. I don't know if it is a true replacement for PhotoShop, but pretty close if you ask me.

That's awesome. I've not had a chance to do this yet but ya'll have me very hyped up about it and I can't wait to get my hands on it. I love to play around with graphics n such even if I'm not that great but it's still very relaxing to do.

Wow amazing find , I always thought the only real photoshop FREE alternative was GIMP. Will check this out later today and let you know what I think. However no matter how good it is, us mainstream designers have to stick to photoshop because unfortunately it's the standard and everyone including my peers are just so into using it.

But still great to see alternatives popping up :)

It’s a good alternative but its take time to complete my task. I using proofhub and it work well and our time saved. I think you should go for once. :)